DAVID.CHRISTINE

Passports UK or AUS

Guest Pam777

When you are an aussie citizen you must enter Australia with an Australian passport.

Hi we are citizens and have both uk and aus passports,can anyone tell me wich passport to use on journey to uk and return back to aus thanks

My understanding is (our son has both Aus and UK pp) is that you depart and enter Aus on your Aus passport, and enter and depart the UK with your UK.

That is how they keep track of which citizens are coming and going with their respective passports. If you leave Aus on your UK one they won't have record of you leaving on the Aus one but coming back in will.

Be prepared to show the other passport anyways at check in, depending on the airline and where you are, ie if you bought tickets in Aus and gave those details, they will expect to see Aus passport at check in usually.

My understanding is (our son has both Aus and UK pp) is that you depart and enter Aus on your Aus passport, and enter and depart the UK with your UK.

That is how they keep track of which citizens are coming and going with their respective passports. If you leave Aus on your UK one they won't have record of you leaving on the Aus one but coming back in will.

Be prepared to show the other passport anyways at check in, depending on the airline and where you are, ie if you bought tickets in Aus and gave those details, they will expect to see Aus passport at check in usually.

Yep that's what the kids and I did.