Pregnancy questions

Guest adelaideinjuly

Guest adelaideinjuly

Hi , I am pregnant and I need to ask if you follow up your pregnancy with your GP or go elsewhere and do you need a referral

I am also 42 so do I need to follow up with a consultant , do more tests ,….

Last question , did they decide to lower baby bonus from July 2013

Jolene

You can go through your gp ,im pregnant with baby no4 now and all 4 times I see a midwife at noarlunga hospital,all your routine tests and scans are done through them.its all free aswell! you just phone up and make an appoitment in your local area. if you are required to be at high risk they refer you to a doctor for some check ups

Congrats! I used the WCH public midwifery led service with #5 and I thought it was the best care I have received anywhere in the world, actually!!!!!! ;) Have done the whole UK thing, and have done private midwife here, wouldn't touch private obstetrics with a barge pole unless I had VERY good reason, and WCH were literally world class IMNSHO. !!!

xxx

Guest leeannekays

Hi, Any other information you find out about the whole process then please let me know.

I have been looking at Flinders Hospital, I have heard great reports

Leeanne x

Hi Ladies

Sorry to jump on your thread!! I am a (mature age) student midwife, just finishing up my first year. I have worked placements at both WCH and Flinders and attended births at both hospitals, in my opinion both are excellent.

As student midwifes we follow ladies through their pregnancies, from antenatal appointments through birth and into the postnatal period. We are able to offer you additional support and continuity of carer which some women find really helpful. In return, we gain invaluable experience!

If any of you would consider having me as your student midwife, I would be extremely grateful, it is of course, completely confidential. I would also be happy to meet with you first before you commit to anything (just in case you don't gel with me! lol!) Please pm me if you are interested.

Thanks for considering!

Nicki

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LucinaKirsty

Hey there, just seen this post. Start off with your GP to get a referral to your closest hospital. I definitely recommend going through Midwifery Group Practice through WCH, or Southern Midwifery Group Practice through FMC... you get assigned a midwife that follows you through your pregnancy from 20 weeks, she'll be at the birth (unless on call or at the birth of one of her other women, and sees you through until 6 weeks postpartum. Excellent continuity of care that focuses on natural birthing! If you also feel that you would benefit from extra support you could always have a student midwife that would also see you through your pregnancy, birth and postnatally. I had my baby in May of this year through Flinders Medical Centre - Midwifery Group Practice, and am also a 2nd year student midwife at flinders uni! If you have any questions please, please, feel free to message me!