Guest katsmajic

Snakes....

Guest katsmajic

Be aware they are out in full force at the moment....

I had a full on encounter with a 5foot brownie yesterday, crapped my pants.......

Adelaide Now reported upto 25 a day are being removed from southern suburbs homes.....YUK!

http://www.snakeconnections.com.au/

this guy Geoff gives lots of useful information about all the nasties.....

Thanks for that, not a big fan of snakes, does anybody how much it would cost to have a snake catcher to remove snakes? I am in the category of people that won't enter the garden again untill I know that the snake has been removed.

Kat,you poor thing,where did you see the snake?

Scarey stuff.Had one in our garden a few yrs back,still gives me the jitters thinking about it.

Sue

Guest Rich Paulson

Poor snake - it is probably still having nightmares after its encounter with you... ;)

Guest katsmajic

Cheeky bugger @ Rich...

I was out seeing a client at Woodchester...her dog had died 2 weeks before from a snake bite and the cat had spent a night on a drip at the vets only that week - and her cat has an enclosed area not free run of the garden....the enclosure has been snake proofed and done again over the weekend once they saw the size of the snake, as they can climb trees etc...so you need pretty high mesh/shade cloth up the sides of a cat run to keep them out.

Guest ali

Anyone ever seen one in the city or the Norwood area? I'm always on foot and at nights some streets are not lit properly. Don't want to trip on one when I'm walking about in a dark street.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

A reminder from the snake sightings FB site today:

[h=5]Hi everyone, I hope everyone is keeping cool in this hot weather, be sure to keep any water bowls away from doors or anywhere that snakes can gain access in to your house :)[/h]