Guest fatman

Sleepover singapore airport help !!!!

Guest fatman

WE ARE BEING ADVISED TO TAKE A LONG SLEEPOVER AT SINGAPORE AIRPORT BEFORE FLYING NEXT DAY, DUE TO TOTAL EXHAUSTION....

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW YOU DO THIS WITH ONLINE BOOKINGS?? AS EVERYTIME WE TRY TO BREAK UP THE FLIGHTS IT WON'T LET US DO THIS...

WONDERING IF THIS WOULD BE MORE EXPENSIVE?

Many Thanks,

Fatman :arghh:

Hi,

We are doing same. Booked flights with singapore airlines. Then went into changi airport and clicked on 'Transit Hotel'. You can book 6hr blocks. We have booked for 18hrs. When are you flying?

Bev

Have you already booked your flight and now want to change the Singapore departure and put it to later so you can have a sleep? If so you'll need to contact your airline as you usually can't just change those times.

I personally prefer to fly straight through with just a few hours at Changi to shower and get some fresh air.

Guest skoobzz03

Hi there

I book 12 hours (or however long you need) at the Transit Hotel in Singapore every time I travel to/from the UK. I usually do it through the travel agent and I think it usually costs around $85+. I find it an absolute lifesaver and would NEVER do it any other way! You still arrive in Oz on the same day but the journey is soooo much easier to cope with. You don't have to uncheck your baggage so just make sure you have the essentials in your hand luggage and you literally walk off the plane, eat dinner and roll into bed. 8 or so hours later you roll back onto the plane clean and refreshed!! I'd definitely recommend it!! :D

Guest Guest75

We are actually trying a different method this time. We get a bit fed up hanging around Singapore Airport - coming up to the UK there is normally a 6 hour wait.Not enough for a room.

Returning there is 15/16 hours so we do get a room.

Trying Emirates on our next UK trip. Just a couple of hours stop in Dubai either way. No 1 hour stop in Germany either!!.

Just thinking that by stretching the flight it makes us more tired and messes with time zones. We shall see.

Hi, we always use Qantas or Emirates as you only get a short stopover in Dubai or Singapore (2-3hrs). I dont see the logic in having a big stopover in a transit hotel. The kids have always been fine when we've done this as well.

To me it just makes sense to get it over and done with and in fairness i quite like the journey, Manchester to Adelaide in under 24 hrs is reasonable and the planes are comfortable and there is plenty to do on board as well.

You can always use the transit hotel for a swim, shower and snack (terminal 1) very reasonable, helps to pass the time and gets the old legs moving again. There's a spa pool and sunbeds too - bit bizzare at midnight but nice to lie down.