Sign in to follow this  
Guest barmyarmy

info. on aldinga

Guest barmyarmy

been doing research for about a month now and in as far as somewhere to live a love the sound of aldinga but would love any info on the area i.e. schools for ben 5 on hospitals for tina to work shops locally n the brit community locally as well as the local population & there attitude to us immigrants in general.also with a 17 year old daughter is there much for her to do .cheers:realmad:

Guest leemi1
    been doing research for about a month now and in as far as somewhere to live a love the sound of aldinga but would love any info on the area i.e. schools for ben 5 on hospitals for tina to work shops locally n the brit community locally as well as the local population & there attitude to us immigrants in general.also with a 17 year old daughter is there much for her to do .cheers:realmad:

drop them a line

cheers

mick

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Aldinga is has a very nice beach and scenery around. The shopping area is only small, but I have heard that it being updated and I havent heard many good things about schools in that area. I know lots of people from most of the southern subs, this is where i get my school knowledge, but I also know a couple of teachers who teach down that way who say its not the school, its some of the attending families.

I would visit Aldinga but not live there, beacuse I have older kids and IMO it is too far out for them to have much to do, the nearest train is back in Noarlunga.

For peace and quiet and nice beach/scenery then Aldinga is your place. It still is reasonably priced, but will continue going up soon along with all the rest of it.

I think there is a hospital in Noarlunga, but not sure of the size of it.

Hope that helps a bit! And remember they are only my opinions, this doesnt mean they are necessarily what everyone will agree with.

sarah

Guest Libby1971

Well I agree with the bit about being quiet!

We thought, from the UK, that we'd head there or Willunga but when we got in the hire car and went to have a look we realised that our kids would be bored. There is only so much sand and sea that one person can bsorb in a lifetime and we'd have hit it by Xmas as that's essentially all there is. There is a shopping centre, small but a new planned and lots of development is being bgun or planned for Aldinga.

For us, and maybe not for others, we wanted somewhere better connected in terms of transport so the kids aren't reliant on OH for lifts everywhere (although they don't really use it), and shops/ cinemas/ theatres/ bowling places/ ice rinks/ beaches relatively closeby. We can drive in 10 mins north and south and hit every one of the points listed. AND be in the city in half an hour (less outside of rush hour).

Libby