Guest stevetracy

New Arrivals need Help (with everything!!!)

Guest stevetracy

Hi all

Hope to be out next month :v_SPIN: need to find a job as electrician will need to do my class A.Does anyone know if i can book on a course as soon as I arrive and how long after that I will get my certificate. Hope to get work in the mines.

Me and Tracy are looking at Gawler to rent before we buy. Whats it like?Are the schools good? We have two children 9 and 5 who we want to settle in as soon as possible.

Lastly we are arriving with just suitcases and will need to furnish a rental asap so what are the possibilities of this?

Sorry so much to take in but any help greatfully appreciated.

Our brains are frazzled:wacko::goofy:

Stephen (35) Tracy (40ish)

Oliver 9 and libby 5

Guest ali@51

Hi

welcome to PIA. sorry I cant help with most things as we too are going in about a month, but from our reseach most rentals are un furnished but I think their are places that rent furniture.

Hi,

The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs is the regulator of Electrical Licensing in SA and for applications, renewals or information on licensing issues can be contacted at www.ocba.sa.gov.au or phone (08) 82049588 or fax (08) 82049590.

Gawler is an old town that has become a hub for the new housing developments nearby. It's an hour away by train to the centre and a 40 min to 1 hr drive. There is a main st with supermarkets, electrical and small furniture shops. There are a couple of primary schools to choose from, aswell as catholic and lutheran ones. The schools will all be pretty much the same, but they will differ in what they offer as extracurricular. All the schools will offer sport teams from gr 3, some may have music instrument programs, chess etc. You will have to look around them and decide which fits your child the best. Primary schools are usually not zoned. There is a good private school called Trinity where the fees arent very high. There is a lot of open space.

There is an IKEA next to the airport and LeCornus on Anzac Highway usually has a ready supply of furniture that you dont have to wait for.

Good luck.

Guest ali@51

join the club stress levels raising common sense last seen heading over the horizon grasping a visa and singing drunkenly.

Guest stevetracy

Thank you so much for your time and trouble to reply. Ikea here we come !!!! Do you think a swedish theme will go in a tent ? seriously we are really looking forward to the adventure.

Guest stevetracy
    :notworthy:
    Thank you so much for your time and trouble to reply. Ikea here we come !!!! Do you think a swedish theme will go in a tent ? seriously we are really looking forward to the adventure.
    :wubclub:

dunno about the tent but you could have some meatballs or if really strapped for cash IKEA has brekky of hash browns beans bacon n egg for $1.95. Good luck with your big adventure.

Guest Russfamily

what type of electrician are u maint or installation

Guest stevetracy

Sorry taken so long to reply. Will be looking to do anything really, installs,house bashing, but ideally would like to work in the mines. I think that is where the money is. Any ideas????