Guest nike10

Suggestions for celebrating our 2nd marriage anniversary!!!!!

Guest nike10

Our marriage anniversary is coming this Saturday....n I have no idea where to take my wife.

I have been in Adelaide since July this year and have no idea which would be the best place to celebrate our 2nd marriage anniversary.

Any suggestions???

Regards,

Niketan

What sort of place are you looking for? A posh restaurant? The Apothecary in Hindley Street is fantastic - went there for my daughter's 18th. Alternatively head out to one of the wineries... there are loads of lovely ones in the Barossa, Hills, or McLaren Vale. Or the Stamford Grand at Glenelg does a gorgeous high tea - you can much on sandwiches and petit fours as you people watch...

Depends what you like doing as a couple really

Guest smit
    What sort of place are you looking for? A posh restaurant? The Apothecary in Hindley Street is fantastic - went there for my daughter's 18th. Alternatively head out to one of the wineries... there are loads of lovely ones in the Barossa, Hills, or McLaren Vale. Or the Stamford Grand at Glenelg does a gorgeous high tea - you can much on sandwiches and petit fours as you people watch...

Depends what you like doing as a couple really

Hi Diane

Whats the apothecary like for food?, ive been in for a drink and its an interesting place.....bet the foods not cheap:biglaugh:

cheers ian

Guest nike10

Thanks a lot guys for suggestions...I will try one of the things u have mentioned.

Guest Jo&Phil

This is what I like ...............

FOOD - Higher cost but higher quality:

Jolleys Boathouse - iconic but likely to be busy

River Cafe / Red Ochre - great views over the Torrens and actually where we were married, so we like it

Parisi - King Wm Road, Hyde Park - mod Oz/Italian

Apothocary - intersting food and great wine list but definitely not cheap

Windy Point - cafe or restaurant - fab views over city

Stirling Hotel (Mallee Grill) - great food, in the hills

EXPERIENCES - Wine

Hahndorf Hill Choco Vino - Hahndorf

Temptation Crusing - swim with dolphins or just watch others clad themselves in flattering wet suits and jump in and out of a catamaran all morning

D'Arry's Verandah - McLaren Vale - Great food and wine

Red Poles - McLaren Vale - good food, music on Sundays and art

The Lane - interesting food and wine in the middle of the vines - Hahndorf/Littlehampton

Have fun!

Have a night out in the city.

Book a room in one of the posh hotels in Adelaide (Hilton, Stamford Plaza, Intercontinental, Sebel Playford etc - look on wotif.com for deals), preferably one with a spa/sauna/swimming pool. Check in early, pamper yourselves, or visit the Botanical Gardens or a museum. Then go out for a meal or to the theatre - whatever you fancy. We don't eat out in expensive restaurants very much but the Red Ochre on the Torrens is very nice. Alternatively wander down Gouger St or Rundle St - there are loads of places to eat there.