Guest RobJ1978

wheelchair

Guest RobJ1978

hi,

does any of u lovely people know where i can rent or buy a wheelchair...or borriw i guess. my parents are here for 5 weeks and despite being adament she would be fine we now find ourselves in everyday because of her swollen ankle.

cheers

nic

Nic ,

my mother has been here to Australia 5 times . She brings her own wheelchair and we rent an electric scooter for her she allows some independence.

we have rented some other items from a shop on Marion rd you would get a wheelchair there .Walk on Wheels

hope this helps

elaine

Guest PaulandVicky

Try the Independent living centre, Gilles plains or Fulham. They are pretty good. Rental isn't that bad either.

Guest guest8040

Could I ask a question linked to this? My dad has some mobility problems (but not enough to need a wheelchair) he just walks a bit slower and can't go for miles due to some residual paralysis from a stroke 3 years ago. Is it an issue for travel insurance to Oz? And although it may not be the case with the Australian red cross in the uk they are the ones that do medical loan?

Could I ask a question linked to this? My dad has some mobility problems (but not enough to need a wheelchair) he just walks a bit slower and can't go for miles due to some residual paralysis from a stroke 3 years ago. Is it an issue for travel insurance to Oz? And although it may not be the case with the Australian red cross in the uk they are the ones that do medical loan?

I would just declare all conditions to the Travel Insurance company and he should then be ok. This is what I did when we went in August as I have one or two medical conditions and just took the hit on the payment. Didn't stop me travelling to Oz though.

Guest guest8040

Thanks mis - I've never dared ask for a quote yet in case I'm disappointed!

Guest RobJ1978

thanks so much for all your advice! We now have a wheelchair so i can start showing them why we chose to live here!