Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Dog Comes Too

Any Idea?

Guest The Dog Comes Too

Does anyone have any experience or an idea of how possible it is for me to get a gardening job in Adelaide? There seems to be less jobs advertised for gardening in Adelaide than other areas of Oz, yet Adelaide is my only safe visa option. Any advice would be much appreciated...... Paul.

Guest zx6roo

bring on the gardeners!!!

All the ones round here are expensive landscapers or Jim's Mowing (and only mow). I want someone to maintain my garden, prune, etc. My current gardener is ridiculous. I have weeds taller than me!!!

Most decent ones are family run businesses but i've known a few to open up to help get people into the work force in Adelaide.

Guest Tracijbc
    bring on the gardeners!!!

All the ones round here are expensive landscapers or Jim's Mowing (and only mow). I want someone to maintain my garden, prune, etc. My current gardener is ridiculous. I have weeds taller than me!!!

Most decent ones are family run businesses but i've known a few to open up to help get people into the work force in Adelaide.

Righto. We'll see you in May. Coming at ya with a fully qualified and TRA assessed Gardener, live and direct from the UK.

See you then

T xx :)

Guest Thinker

My first visit to Adelaide will be 26th April visiting a friend for a holiday, I'm very surprised to learn that there is a shortage of good gardeners in Adelaide. I have over 10 years experience in Gardening, I have a National Certificate in Horticulture (City & Guilds) & a Distinction pass in Hardlandscaping (City & Guilds).

If all goes well I would like to move to Adelaide so is there a high demand for reliable Gardeners who does not rip the customer off too maintain gardens, I would like to set up my own Gardening business your thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you. :D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There was a thing on the news a few months back about how gardeners, mowers and landscapers are struggling as there is hardly any rain. I know of at least 2 nurseries that have closed due to this too. Gardens here in the most cases are pretty low maintenence, I landscaped mine and put in water- miser plants.

You see a lot of mower men in the winter, but not many now due to there being hardly any grass!

Australians on the whole are not really into DIY, there are exceptions obviously, but mostly they would get someone in to do it for them, so I would think that would include gardening.

Guest The Dog Comes Too

many thanks for the response. I'm really hoping to carry on as a gardener over there but concerned with the drought. Seems like the competition is similar to here! Good luck with the weeds! Paul.

Guest salisbury massive

Don't forget to apply to all the local Councils who have their own landscape gardeners, weeders etc. I saw a man from Tea Tree Gully Council today watering the plants on the verge with his very own water truck.

Lots of people have gardeners in to do their gardens. I have 1/2 an acre and I pay $50 for my man to cut the grass. Admittedly there is no grass at the moment due to the fact I can only water for 3 hours once a week, its more crunchy brown stuff, not very enticing to cut.

Jo