jillyg65

West Lakes. Primary schools and the area?

hello there

does anyone live in West LAkes>?

can you please let me know what the area is like and what the schools are like there?

please can i have the names of the schools and then i can google them?

thank you

I really do think you are better to wait till you arrive, have a temp rental for a few weeks and then have a look round to see where appeals for the longer term. You can check out schools in person then, see which ones grab you, same with areas. It's very different seeing it in person.

I'd have to agree with Snifter, until you arrive and have seen the areas you really can't know where you'd actually like to live. It all looks quite compact and easy on google but it's actually so much more when you're driving it.

We were fortunate enough to house-sit when we arrived which gave us a good idea of two areas - one north of the City, the second all the way down at Moana (so we got a good idea of what commuting up from Norlunga was like) and from that we were able to work out that we wanted to be more in the City and on the beach side. We took schools and renting from there.

I imagine that in all areas there will be a state school that you will find that will suit you (although be prepared for it to be very different from what you know schooling to be) and that all children care about is having friends to play with!

It does seem hard to come without having any firm plans (you just feel totally out of control) but from my experience this year I would say it pays to be as flexible with your ideas as you can be and absorb it all when you arrive.

Guest Wellse

Hi,

I agree find a holiday rental and explore a bit first. we moved here had to find somewhere quickly as only had 2 wks in a holiday let, then soon realised we wanted to be nearer the city. so have moved again. Depends on what you want I think from an area, and ages of your children. One of our issues was there is little choice of high schools near west lakes.Good luck! when do you come over?

Thanks wellse .

We leave UK 18 Jan.

Not long at all now with xmas in the middle of it all!!

You do realise schools are on summer break in Jan? So you won't really be able to see any in action for a couple of weeks at least after you arrive. You've got some breathing room with regard to checking them out.

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Education,+skills+and+learning/General+information/Term+dates+and+academic+year

Guest Wellse

That isnt long, area you excited? How old are your children? Have you been to Adelaide before? lots for you to do over the next few weeks i bet!?

Wellse , hello!

Never been to Adelaide.

Cannot believe I am actually moving somewhere I have never been.

Hard to get excited when so much to do.

Then lots to do once there too.

Worried about all my goodbyes which is just normal.

Hopefully the excitement will come soon.

Guest Partridge.carl

We're in west lakes been here a year. Kids at west lakes primary . Love it here. Made lots of friends already. We have daughters 6 and 9