sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

    Recommended Posts

    3 hours ago, Tsep said:

    Hi guys,  any updates applicant after  15-sep? Last day of week. Thanks 

    Not a single news for people applied after 17-09. I guess immigration officers still in holiday mode.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Nino said:

    Not a single news for people applied after 17-09. I guess immigration officers still in holiday mode.

    Hmm. Hope next week get any news. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 18/01/2018 at 9:52 PM, Max_887 said:

    4. I am living in a country side alone without any friend or family member. So I am renting a room from my house owner not from a real state agent.  I don't have any rental paper, electricity or utility bills paper. She said she can provide any document or reference latter if I need in future. I have bank statement, tax return paper, licence, car registration paper, car insurance paper has my regional address. Do you think it enough to prove my residential requirement. I love shopping, I have so many latter or shopping envelop that came frequently to my address.

    5. After 887 application can i move to Big cities or I have to wait until my visa got approved. 

    Maybe you can attach your bank statement which is showed all transactions that you spent in regional area ? For example, if you buy grocery from Coles and pay with your credit/debit card. It will print on your bank statement which branch of Coles that you have visited. 

    You need to wait until your visa is granted before you allow to move to non regional area, 

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 1/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, alexoir said:

    Hi Sharky,

    Read my earlier comment on your question. Since your daughter was born onshore, you did the right thing by posting the required docs. I assume you added Form 1022. However 489 visas for new borns onshore are processed in Adelaide. I went through what you're going through last year. And it's free.

    Cheers

    Hi alexoir,

    I did what you guided one week ago and found my daughter was added into my last finalised application for 489 today. But there is no same description “granted” for her as what the others of the family got. And i haven’t got any email from the mimi department yet. Is this OK? I just uploaded the copies of her birth certificate and passport in case the department need to check them again...

    Thanks for your reply!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Sharky said:

    Hi alexoir,

    I did what you guided one week ago and found my daughter was added into my last finalised application for 489 today. But there is no same description “granted” for her as what the others of the family got. And i haven’t got any email from the mimi department yet. Is this OK? I just uploaded the copies of her birth certificate and passport in case the department need to check them again...

    Thanks for your reply!

    Hi Sharky,

    It seems your daughter has been processed and you might get a mail from home affairs within the week. Some people have reported that the email sometimes delays by a day or two. Be checking your junk mail as well....you might not know. To be 100% certain, you can verify your daughter's visa grant using 

    https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

    You could use your Transaction Reference Number which is the same for every member of your family.

    Cheers...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi guys,

    Kindly help me.

    I applied my 887 visa application on 27/07/2017 and first CO assigned on 24/10/2017 asking for employment evidence and my wife's functional English,submitted the same on 27/10/2017.Second Co contacted on 12/12/2017 more employment evidence and transcript certificate of my wife,provided the required document on 14/12/2017.

    The problem with my employment is my main office is located in Brisbane which is not a regional area however we are doing field work all over QLD and I mainly work in all regional areas of QLD and my company has provided the name and period of my regional work,until now I have not heard anything from Immigration department.

    I am planning to send a referral letter directly from my employer  to the gsm Adelaide10 team,need your  advice guys and  any input what should I add in that letter.

    Thanks

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 19/01/2018 at 5:52 PM, Tsep said:

    Hmm. Hope next week get any news. 

    Any updates guys?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi guys,

    I once read in the forum that we need to upload Photos (Passport size photos) as part of 887 application.

    I did not find this requirement in the check list of the home affairs website?

    If required, under which category I need to upload them? and are they required for kids also?

    any further advice please?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Raed said:

    Hi guys,

    I once read in the forum that we need to upload Photos (Passport size photos) as part of 887 application.

    I did not find this requirement in the check list of the home affairs website?

    If required, under which category I need to upload them? and are they required for kids also?

    any further advice please?

    Hi Raed, no it is not required, it is a generic checklist and you pick and choose what is applicable for the 887.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    23 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

    Maybe you can attach your bank statement which is showed all transactions that you spent in regional area ? For example, if you buy grocery from Coles and pay with your credit/debit card. It will print on your bank statement which branch of Coles that you have visited. 

    You need to wait until your visa is granted before you allow to move to non regional area, 

    Bank Statement gonna be easy option for me. I have 4-5 transection every single week on regional area. I know its long way to go, but getting everything shorted out for October. 

    Living in a countryside by myself, I am really depressed. I know its gonna be another 6 months after 887 application.

    Thanks for your reply.  

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, Rabea B said:

    Hi Raed, no it is not required, it is a generic checklist and you pick and choose what is applicable for the 887.

    Thank you Rabea ..I wish to hear good news about you sooooon

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi all, I've applied on 17/09. CO contacted me today asking for:

    2 years residency proof

    AFP

    National police check.

     

    Basically everything that I've submitted before..

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    15 minutes ago, Nino said:

    Hi all, I've applied on 17/09. CO contacted me today asking for:

    2 years residency proof

    AFP

    National police check.

     

    Basically everything that I've submitted before..

    Good. Finally CO assigned. Good luck mate. I applied 22/09. Next turn mine. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    34 minutes ago, Nino said:

    Hi all, I've applied on 17/09. CO contacted me today asking for:

    2 years residency proof

    AFP

    National police check.

     

    Basically everything that I've submitted before..

    wonder why? is your AFP older than 12 months? did you travel more often during the 2 years period ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    30 minutes ago, Rabea B said:

    wonder why? is your AFP older than 12 months? did you travel more often during the 2 years period ?

    my AFP has been done in september 2017. I haven't been overseas since then. I don't know what they expect me to submit this time.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Nino said:

    Hi all, I've applied on 17/09. CO contacted me today asking for:

    2 years residency proof

    AFP

    National police check.

     

    Basically everything that I've submitted before..

    That happens sometimes. Just resubmit them and inform CO that you've done that

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, Max_887 said:

    Bank Statement gonna be easy option for me. I have 4-5 transection every single week on regional area. I know its long way to go, but getting everything shorted out for October. 

    Living in a countryside by myself, I am really depressed. I know its gonna be another 6 months after 887 application.

    Thanks for your reply.  

    You still can leave after your lodgement as the case officer will assess that 2 years requirements. However, the only issue is that no one will hire you in a metropolitan city, based on the fact that your 489 (which is still active during the processing period) is only restricted to regional area. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Nino said:

    Hi all, I've applied on 17/09. CO contacted me today asking for:

    2 years residency proof

    AFP

    National police check.

     

    Basically everything that I've submitted before..

    What is the difference between AFP and national police check?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    52 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

    What is the difference between AFP and national police check?

    Hi Sunnysideup,

    It's easy - AFP is an Australian Police check and the other one is a police check from your own country. Or your last country of residence. :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Nino said:

    my AFP has been done in september 2017. I haven't been overseas since then. I don't know what they expect me to submit this time.

    Hey Nino,

    Sorry to hear, this is ridiculous... Why??? I hope they process you fast after this, fingers crossed.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Russki said:

    Hi Sunnysideup,

    It's easy - AFP is an Australian Police check and the other one is a police check from your own country. Or your last country of residence. :)

    Cheers!!! :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Can anyone please give me concrete information about pre grant notification for 887?I've already applied for visa 887 and I have to go for business trip overseas so i dont know how long i'll have to be overseas. Thank in advance !!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, Nino said:

    Can anyone please give me concrete information about pre grant notification for 887?I've already applied for visa 887 and I have to go for business trip overseas so i dont know how long i'll have to be overseas. Thank in advance !!

    Hi buddy. Normally u should tell them ur travel plan and they give u visa just before u come back. Please pay attention to the expire date of ur current visa or apply a bridging visa b before u leave Australia to make sure u can return after ur travel. By the way, any changes happening to ur application status of 887 visa or is it still application received? Thank u.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 15/01/2018 at 6:14 PM, Fareena said:

    Hi,I hav applied on 15 sept but no response from immigration still waiting

    Hi, do you got any news from CO?  

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now