evojoan

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (Subclass 489) Visa

My OH has been unable to get the 7's needed for the Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) Visa, so we have decided to go for the above visa and the SA sponsorship/EOI went in just before Christmas.

My question is, would it be advisable to re-take the IELTS test to try and get the 7's needed for the permanent visa or has anyone else gone to SA on a provisional visa and are there any pitfalls with going down this route.

Any advise would be appreciated Thanks

yes i agree, i would suggest a re try, my OH didn' t met the needed requirements so re sat the test, as much of a hassle as it seems it saved ALOT of hassle with not having to change visa's etc. All the best either way x

Hello, is it worth having the written test re-marked, that's our dilemma at the moment whether to pay the £60 to have it re-tested as he has taken the test 6 times and each time not got the 4 7's by 0.5. The final two tests were on the writing ?? You can see our fix !!??

Guest Haythem Hassan

I had to take my ielts 4 time to get 4 sevens, each time I used to get 6.5

anyway let me tell you this, search on youtube.com for "english ryan" this guy is really amazing with videos on the 4 parts of the exam and specially writing.

I didn't have the chnace to send my writing to him to correct them but I got 7.5 in writing after working on his videos

also I recommend cambridge ielts book for sample exams, and finally practice practice practice

good luck

I am in the process of applying for a 489 visa to SA due to IELTS issue (Not getting 7's in each band after many attempts). But I heard with 489, It would be expensive to live in OZE as healthcare is not covered( family with two kids) and finding jobs all difficult since most of the employers prefer to recruit permanent visa holders.

Highly appreciate any suggestiveness or advice.

Thanks for everyone's advice, could anyone advise on the previous post ? On this visa what are the costs for: high school education, healthcare etc and are employers less likely to employ my OH as a welder on this visa ? Any advice appreciated.