NURSES- do I have this order correct for 190 SS visa?

Guest Kel87

Hi all, as you may have seen from previous posts I am a registered adult nurse and the main applicant for our visa. To save on costs I'd rather not use an agent and instead research as much as I can and do the majority ourselves. I am literally on this site all day and night, it's all I'm thinking about!

Can I please ask if I have the order of application correct for a nurse applying for a 190 SS PR visa.

1- obtain an overall 7 in academic IELTS (do I need at least a 7 in all categories or can I have a 6,9,6.5 etc as long as it averages out as an overall 7?

2- apply to ANMAC for skills assessment ( is this when I request copies of documents from university and NMC)

3- apply to SA for 190 state sponsorship.

4- if SS granted then place our EOI for 190 PR visa.

5- if invited then apply for 190 visa.

6- await case officer to be assigned.

7- obtain medicals, police checks etc when asked for.

8- if visa granted then apply to APHRA for nurse registration.

Do I Have this correct? Just unsure if APHRA should be done before the visa or if I'm correct in leaving that till last?

Thankyou :)

Hi ,

Sorry I can't help you on this as I didn't need to do IELTS . Someone will answer you though.

I do think it's a great idea to do your own Visa and Perm at that . There are lots of nurses who will keep you up to speed with the process that they've gone through recently.

All the best . Ps I'm from Dundee x

Hi ,

Sorry I can't help you on this as I didn't need to do IELTS . Someone will answer you though.

I do think it's a great idea to do your own Visa and Perm at that . There are lots of nurses who will keep you up to speed with the process that they've gone through recently.

All the best . Ps I'm from Dundee x

Thanks Elaine, I'm trying my best to save on costs that we don't need and an agent seems one although the more I look at things the more I worry that I may do it wrong. I'm usually quite good at paperwork type things so I'm hoping if I an get the order of things correct then I should be ok! After visas, tests, flights, shipping etc we will only have £15k to get started in adelaide, that will need to cover holiday rental, unfurnished rental, car, and keep us going until I get a wage, if I get a job quickly we should be ok but I do worry about having so little savings and no job to go to.

Hi kel87

Think you have got it all pretty much spot on. For IELTS you need 7 IN EACH AREA. And to score and extra 10 points on DIAC you need 8 points in each area. this can snarl people up. I am also a nurse and in my IELTS i scored 8.5 and 9 in 3 areas and 7.5 in one area which brought my points down. I was 40 when i started the process last year which also reduced my points. however with state sponsorship with SA I should gain enough points required for visa. I think that IELTS is pretty flawed as an assessment sytem. If you have a look at other threads relating to this you will see that others have had problems with weird papers and examiners who can't speak good english etc.. I am sure you will be fine. You don't need a migration agent either. the authorities helplines and webstites and sites like this give you all the info and tools you need. We are waiting for results of EOI at moment and have done it on our own. Like you say, it just takes patience diligence and tenacity. you will get there. Think you can start AHPRA before visa too. sure i have seen other nurses report this. probably a good idea too as can be a bit tricky. REMEMBER! to ask ANMAC to send your documents on to AHPRA in your chosen state, they will not do this automatically, and this should ease AHPRA process. good luck. Keep in touch if you get time.

Edited by apple

Hi kel87

Think you have got it all pretty much spot on. For IELTS you need 7 IN EACH AREA. And to score and extra 10 points on DIAC you need 8 points in each area. this can snarl people up. I am also a nurse and in my IELTS i scored 8.5 and 9 in 3 areas and 7.5 in one area which brought my points down. I was 40 when i started the process last year which also reduced my points. however with state sponsorship with SA I should gain enough points required for visa. I think that IELTS is pretty flawed as an assessment sytem. If you have a look at other threads relating to this you will see that others have had problems with weird papers and examiners who can't speak good english etc.. I am sure you will be fine. You don't need a migration agent either. the authorities helplines and webstites and sites like this give you all the info and tools you need. We are waiting for results of EOI at moment and have done it on our own. Like you say, it just takes patience diligence and tenacity. you will get there. Think you can start AHPRA before visa too. sure i have seen other nurses report this. probably a good idea too as can be a bit tricky. REMEMBER! to ask ANMAC to send your documents on to AHPRA in your chosen state, they will not do this automatically, and this should ease AHPRA process. good luck. Keep in touch if you get time.

Thankyou for this! How long into the process are you? Are you almost there?

Ive literally been spending every minute of every day gathering as much information as I can. Spoken with 2 agents so far and to be honest neither have told me what I didn't already know! My husband is Turkish originally however is a UK citizen with a UK passport so we are worried that he may have some problems at the visa stage and if I need an agent at that part I will get one and only pay for their help at that stage (quoted £600 for visa only help)

I have lists and lists of documents I need etc so I think I'm pretty much ready to get the ball rolling! I'm now panicking tho about cost of living! I've asked on here if we should be OK on my salary only to start with and had some helpful advice regarding that from people wo have managed fine on one income like me however the more threads I read with people saying you need x much per month to live then the more I worry! I know it's a huge gamble but I'm stressing about spending all our life savings and then we can't earn enough to even live in Australia! I'm rambling now haha.

To begin with it will only be me working as I will need my husband for childcare as we have a school age son but a baby daughter. We are applying for the PR visa so I know il get centrelink help and also the shift allowances for nurses seem really good! I'd hope to start on a salary of 65k and I worry that if I get a job with any less than that then we will struggle. I have 5years experience so far, likely more by the time we move.

My husband is also going to get his security licence in oz, he works as security here so hopefully he'll pass the oz test ok, and he's hoping to be able to do some sort of casual security work on my days off to get us a little extra income, however we don't want to rely on this and would like to just budget on my income only.

That turned into a longer reply than I tought! :)

Hi Kel87

I would not be able to help you in terms of what you should do with regards to Nursing questions, however, I wouldn't worry too much about your husband being naturalised as a British Citizen. I was the same, originally from Sri Lanka, naturalised in 2011 and I am the main applicant. My wife is Sri Lankan, studied and worked in the USA and she had to get FBI clearance (yes, I did take the finger prints off hers - all ten fingers with the help of £1.95 ink pad :wink:

I did all the work for the visa and now at the final stage (Case Officer appointed, submitted all the requested documents and waiting for a decision).

One thing I would say is when you start filling in details in your EOI, make sure you look at South Australia website requirements for state sponsorship. For instance when I was doing mine (JULY 2012) it was a requirement to "SELECT SOUTH AUSTRALIA ONLY" AND SUBCLASS 190 ONLY NO OTHER STATE or visa subclass should be ticked. Make sure you read everything a few times - cross check against your online application (South Australia State Sponsorship) and EOI a few times before submitting. Also have a look at the "Financial Capacity", it says you should have $40,000 (main applicant plus three dependents), put this figure or more when asked on application. Link below will give you all the information you need for this.

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/eligibility_requirements

The link below will help you to organise the documents needed, for e.g. if your husband's birth cirtificate is in another language make sure you get them translated and certified. These things may take more time than you think so it's good to have a "To Do List" and tick them one by one. Same goes to marriage certificate etc. if they are in another language.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/190-applicant-checklist.pdf

Good luck and wish you all the best! Feel free to ask questions, would be happy to help! x

Guest MandiMR2

Hi there, I have not long since completed the whole application process. I got my Skilled Nominated (permanent) subclass 190 visa granted in November.

This is the order I did mine...

1) IELTS - 8 or above will give you 20 points. 7 or above gives you 10 - so it depends how many you need.

2) Applied to ANMAC for full migration skills assessment

3) Placed EOI

4) Applied for SA state sponsorship

5) After receiving invitation to apply, applied for visa

6) Awaited case officer

7) Once allocated officer, went ahead with police check & medicals

8) Apply to APHRA for registration

Hope this helps, any further questions please ask.