Guest Moving2013

Pubs & Clubs Playing Indie Music

Guest Moving2013

Hi all,

My wife and I are moving in 2 weeks and would like to know if there are any pubs / bars / clubs playing Indie music?

We're both from the North West so into Oasis etc. and Soul music.

Any tips?

Cheers

Hey,

Nice to see your post, myself and fiancee are from Manchester and have been in Adelaide for 3 months. We have been looking out for a similar bar, we haven't as yet managed to come stumble across any, with the same type of vibe as Indie pubs back in the UK.

There are bars and pubs however that do play Indie type music though, usually the classics which is fine by us!

Good luck with the impending move!

I can pm you my number so you can get in touch when you arrive if you'd like?

Cheers

Craig and Emma.

Hi all,

My wife and I are moving in 2 weeks and would like to know if there are any pubs / bars / clubs playing Indie music?

We're both from the North West so into Oasis etc. and Soul music.

Any tips?

Cheers

Guest craigmod

There are plenty of good nights around town, we just don't advertise them on mainstream sites that's all. I run the biggest ones, but there are also others too. Every Saturday at JIVE (181 Hindley St, the western end beyond Morphett St) from 11.30pm I run Gosh!, a night dedicated to indie pop that includes plenty of bands like Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Strokes etc. On the first Saturday of every month the recipe is changed to a night of 60s pop/rock, which is one of the biggest nights of its kind in Australia. I also do a night of 50s/60s (and yes soul and real R&B is included) at The Austral Hotel on Rundle St every Wednesday from 9.30pm (more of a sit and drink night). I am also playing at The Wellington Hotel in North Adelaide (on Wellington Square) every Sunday from 2pm, playing a mix of 50s/60s and early 70s. Other nights that are of a similar genre that I don't do but are worth a look are, once a month at the Rhino Room on Frome St is an indie night Transmission (on a Friday). Also at The Soul Box on the same stretch of Hindley St as Jive but a bit further west, there is sometimes a dedicated soul night, not sure when though as its sporadic. The Kings Hotel on King William St has 60s and soul every couple of weeks on a Friday, again more of a sit down type place. Jack Ruby on King William St also has soul music and bands on a Saturday every few weeks.