Adelaide Metro Nightmare

Guest Jodie89

Guest Jodie89

Hi Guys,

As many of you know the trains have stopped and have been replaced with buses... In Noarlunga's case for 9 months! :sad:

I've only taken the buses now for 2 days 'commuting' and have already experienced issues with it being too full, coming 1/2hr late, no air conditioning (in this heat!) and left standing due to no spare seats.

...Just imagine what it's going to be like come Monday when everyone is back at work!...:err:

Reason for my post is to ask if anyone is interested in doing a car sharing commute from Noarlunga and back? - Or if anyone is currently doing it with a spare seat? I'll happily split the cost of petrol and parking, and even take turns driving.

I currently work 9am-5.20pm down Flinders Street (close to Victoria Square) in the City.

Easy-going and friendly. PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Jodie

It's been terrible. Our bus was pulled over by the police yesterday as the driver was weaving between lanes. He got lost!!!

I did two days (4 trips) and I will not go back. I know they are free for January but is rather pay to park.

I drove to work today. And I will continue to drive and cycle until September. I'm not going on the death trap buses again.

No air conditioning is annoying, especially in this heat, but people used to manage in the old days (70's, 80's). The buses have the equipment for air con, it just doesn't work.

I nearly passed out yesterday evening it must have reached nearly 50 degrees on board.

My fiancée had a 2 hour trip from Noarlunga to Brighton due to a door not closing completely.

Still, only 9 months left! Haha.

The best solution if you're going into the city from down south is to use the regular Metro buses instead of the rail subs.

Lets face it, from Seaford there was never a rail service anyway so why not simply get to Noarlunga as normal and pick up something like a T721 or a T721X? Likewise on the way home make a little bit of an extra effort and walk to stop A1 just over North Terrace. That's where the T721 and T721X express services start in the city. You'll get a seat then. Board at Victoria Square and take your chances.

Expecting the rail subs to replicate the train service is a little bit, shall we say, over-optimistic and everyone will need to make changes to their routine to accommodate the new situation. Moaning about it won't help anyone. Allow more time for your journeys. Find out what works best for you. Simple.