Any NURSES moving to Adelaide 2013?

apple

So do you suggest I apply to AHPRA now, before I get the decision from the ANMC? I just assumed that the ANMC would sent my documents over to AHPRA I'm now confused :confused:

Maybe someone else could advise you as we are going over on a 457 visa, so we didn't need to deal with anmac. As far as I am aware, all nurses need to pay for ahpra registration and go through the same registration process. But, they are 2 separate bodies, and maybe anmac will forward your documents onto ahpra but you'll still need to pay for registration and go through the same process. Hope that makes sense

Guest kate11

Well I cant do much til I qualify next year (So excited, I want to qualify and move now!) but im planning well ahead. Im in nottingham too Sue!

Is an agent worth it do you guys think? whats is the average cost?

Good luck to you all, let me know what nursing is like there!

Guest kate11
Reading all these posts make me very excited!

I am still just a wee student nurse, but hoping to make the move in 2015. Anyone know of job/sponsorship success through the Expos?

I cant wait Kylie! where you studying? Im at Nottingham University, it seems so far away.

Hard work will be worth it!

I am studying in Dundee...it's my second degree, and I'm loving it, wish I had done it earlier! I am so keen to get back out to Australia, particularly SA, am looking into doing my elective placement out there too so hopefully get a taste of how the nursing works over there!

My wife done her nursing degree at Dundee Uni too, but the Kirkcaldy campus. She's just finished her first year of work since qualifying, she's now got a 457 sponsorship so we're hoping to head out very soon :-)

Aw brilliant...I am at Abertay, but I live down in Kirkcaldy, loving the course!

If you dont mind me asking...did your wife start applying for jobs across in Australia before/as soon as she qualified, and get the 457 visa once she had accepted a position?

We would have moved as soon as she qualified but we weren't looking in the right place for jobs, she eventually found a job in the Nursing Standard magazine, she only had 8 months experience at that time. The job offer came with sponsorship, but I also think she was lucky as she managed to get a permanent position in theatres as soon as she qualified. There seems to be lots of opportunities in oz for Scrub nurses so she's been fortunate