Guest SJM

Broken tooth!

Guest SJM

All that lovely eating and drinking over Christmas and New Year was wonderful but I broke a chunk off a heavily filled molar in all the excitement! We have only been here 2 months and haven't yet taken out any medical insurance. I have been searching on the internet and it seems that all the companies state that there is a 12 month waiting period for major dental work. Well I would obviously like to get on and sort this tooth out straight away before it causes anymore problems. I have seen that there are a few dental plans available - you pay a yearly fee and you get reduced treatment fees with their registered dentists but you can get treated straight away. Is this my only option? Has anyone had any similar experiences or situations? I think I will definitely need a crown if not a lot more, I have a couple of missing teeth. I sound like a real beauty don't I !!!!!!:biglaugh:

Any thoughts or advice would be really helpful including any good deals with different insurance companies that people have had experience of.

Thanks so much, meanwhile ...wheres the baby food!!!!

Sarah-Jane

Guest patsmb
    All that lovely eating and drinking over Christmas and New Year was wonderful but I broke a chunk off a heavily filled molar in all the excitement! We have only been here 2 months and haven't yet taken out any medical insurance. I have been searching on the internet and it seems that all the companies state that there is a 12 month waiting period for major dental work. Well I would obviously like to get on and sort this tooth out straight away before it causes anymore problems. I have seen that there are a few dental plans available - you pay a yearly fee and you get reduced treatment fees with their registered dentists but you can get treated straight away. Is this my only option? Has anyone had any similar experiences or situations? I think I will definitely need a crown if not a lot more, I have a couple of missing teeth. I sound like a real beauty don't I !!!!!!:biglaugh:

Any thoughts or advice would be really helpful including any good deals with different insurance companies that people have had experience of.

Thanks so much, meanwhile ...wheres the baby food!!!!

Sarah-Jane

We joined Smile and used a dentist at Glenelg he was brilliant and the only dentist I have ever been too who did not try to promote expensive work

I had a chipped front tooth and thought I needed a crown he said no he could fill it which he did and its perfect

I had a tooth removed on Monday at Southern Dental Centre, 223 Main South Road, Morphett Vale and can highly recommend them. The cost was much cheaper than anywhere else quoted, and came in considerably less than Smile taking into account the joining fee there. I had no pain at all and was super impressed with the surgery (including the flat screen TV on the ceiling!)

Guest wijaya

I also with smile. I think in their website, there is a list of treatment cost. So have a look, and than try to compare with other dentist by having a quote. Then you could get a feeling which one is the best alternative for you.

Guest SJM

Thanks so much for that patsmb! He sounds great and I will have a look into this. We are just up the road at West Lakes Shore. Wizzywozza thanks for your reply, yours also looks a great surgery, I will look them up too and ask about prices. Hope you are recovering well. Wijaya thanks so much for your help, I will have a good look at the Smile website. I will let you know how I get on.

Edited by SJM

Guest gibwanna

Hello, can I ask how you got on with this? I to am looking for a good dentist and wondered if you could recommend? Thanks, Gib

Guest SJM

Hi! Yes I am all sorted out! After doing a bit of research we went for Teachers Health Fund for Insurance because Graham is a lecturer. It is quite expensive but we get a good percentage back. We also negotiated that the 2 month wait for minor work would be waived. Then I visited Island Dental at West Lakes and really liked the atmosphere and approach. We did a full consultation for $54 which we got half back and decided that the tooth that I had broken could be repaired with a filling. It therefore came under minor work which could be done straight away. I actually badly needed another filling so did that at the same time. They were white fillings, beautifully done and all the staff were lovely. The bill was $550 of which insurance paid half. So I feel very happy with the outcome.

I hope that is helpful in some way and hope you manage to get yours sorted soon.

Best wishes

Sarah-Jane

Hello, can I ask how you got on with this? I to am looking for a good dentist and wondered if you could recommend? Thanks, Gib

Broken tooth? My son had one this week (beautiful front tooth, got chipped by accident, fairly big chip). Our dentist saw us at 2 hrs notice, did an AMAZING job, am really pleased with the cost, he doesn't charge gap for kids, and he prefers to use the broken tooth in repair if it has come off in a clean break (unfortunately we didn't have the whole lot, but he looked at it and made an assessment. He said he did someone's half tooth that week too.

So depending on where you are, and if you can get him I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend

Dr Nikolaos Agiannidis BDS (Adel.)

1139-1141 South Road

St Marys SA 5042

Tel/Fax 08 8276 1152

Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm

Thursday 8:30am to 7:30pm

They are my inlaws' dentist too, he has our entire family on his books. He has a colleague Greta who I have seen and who has rebuilt a tooth for me after a break due to decay. I didn't mind her, she was good, but we prefer Nik so we always see him. Can't tell you. He's the best dentist I have ever had. I am not a happy or confident dental patient but I trust him completely.