jtct

Captain Proud

If you've got the 'rellies' over for a visit why not try Captain Proud. This old paddle steamer chugs along for a 5 hour cruise from Murray Bridge with lunch on board, bar and afternoon tea - great value too (we paid less than $100 for 3 adults)

DSC05346.jpg

Edited by jtct
    should have been $100 NOT £100!

What a lovely idea! I'll definitely bear that in mind when our friends visit from England over the next three years, after we return to Adelaide at the end of this month. It's not the kind of thing they'd ever have done before and I'm sure would be a winner. Thanks, jtct.

All the very best for 2013 to you and yours!

We did a weekend cruise up the river in the Proud Mary a few years ago, it was a fantastic experience! Highly recommended!

Sounds fantastic. Well for adults anyway. My kids would probably be bored to tears after the first hour. Don't suppose you want to watch my kids for us while we go?

We did that cruise a few weeks ago. Although it was a rainy day, it was a delightful cruise.

Starting the 26th of January, the PS Marion commences cruising and it is the only operational steam driven wood-fired paddle steamboat left in the world. Cruises start from Mannum which is a charming town not far from Murray Bridge. Looking forward to this!

psmarion (dot) dom

Guest SJM

Sounds fantastic! I would love to do that! Thanks for posting! Sarah-Jane

Depends how old the kids are (and how many) - if you are lucky they can go on the bridge with the Captain and help steer! We only had one on board and he had a great time even managing to turn the boat around! (ask Ashby Dicko :wink:)

Rellies here in a few weeks/.....sounds good! Whats the menu like for food for the 2 courses? Is it set or is their a choice?

Dan

We did the lunch cruise in November with my dad and son when over from the UK, had a great time, esp as we got a voucher from groupon for $90 for the four of us. The 2 courses where a main choice of warm bacon and chicken salad or fish and chips, then dessert choice of pavlova or brandy basket both with fruit..all very fresh and nice size portions. The staff were lovely and the bar reasonbly priced. would thoroughly recommend it, even paying full price i would have been very happy. highly recommend it!