want to meet friendly people

Guest hippie

hello everyone,

so ive been in adelaide now for four yrs and love it. but is it me, or is it really hard to meet people here!!??

the people i have met are lovely and kind, but all seem to be stuck in their clicky groups and dont seem too interested to accept new friends into their circle. im 29, 30 this yr!! ahhhhh. just retired as a painter and looking for a new career. i have a puppy called alfie.

just looking for some good friends i can catch up with and have a beer or 2, or 3 or.........!

thanks, sarah:biggrin:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fraser19

Hi

I'm new to this website too looking for the same thing and know exactly what you mean, arrived here June 2007 and live in Modbury area.

Finding female friends are especially hard to find as they seem to need the mans permission first!!!

I'm in the same boat and I'm old enough to be your mum! If Alfie would like to play on the beach with Chloe at Seaford you are welcome to make contact. Clickyness is rampant! I can only recommend 'clubs'and 'groups' but there is precious little for people with dogs. Dog parks might be a spot to meet people with a common denominator. Oh for the British pub where you just wander in and chat! It's a different world here socially and if you don't have another half it takes more time to meet people. Volunteering is always good and your local Rotary club would welcome you with open arms, you don't need to wait to be asked, just turn up and say you are interested. Wishing you a busy diary, Sue

Hiya Sarah,

I'm 34 and live in the Norwood area. Been here almost 3 months now and have a nice circle of friends around me. I will PM my number and if you like we can meet.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest vikkiann

Hi Sarah

Im vikki, 34 and moved here last June with hubby and 4 rugrats but don't always take them out in public!

If you fancy meeting up for coffee or vino, drop me a pm.

Where are you living?

Vikki

xx

• 2 weeks later...

hey josie, im in north adelaide. if u wana meet for a beer, i would like to have a chat wiv someone that can actually talk and isnt covered in fur, ha ha ha. thanks sarah x

Edited by snifter
removed phone

ok richie t, richmond hotel sounds good. what time roughly? how wil i know your groups not the clickey group???? thanks for msg bak

Edited by hippie

hey vikki, if i new what a pm was, id drop u one, but i dont, lol!

i live in north adelaide. just seen your from aldinga!! thats a trek. if your ever near the city ish, would love to have a chin wag.

thanks for grtin back to me

sarah x

hey ali, i live in north adelaide, glad to hear you settle in so quickly, would love to meet for a beer. wots a pm? not sure how to work this site yet! not good with technology.

thanx for your response

sarah x

hey pixie c, im sure alfie would love to play on beach with chole, he loves to make new friends.

have tried the dog park near me in north adelaide, but even they stand in their own groups.

thank you for your reply, has inspired me.....

thanks sarah x

Guest Richie_T

haha, being non 'clicky' is one of my duties of this group. come around 7ish if you like. better yet, join up and see who else is going!

ok richie t, richmond hotel sounds good. what time roughly? how wil i know your groups not the clickey group???? thanks for msg bak

Guest NatsandSteve

Hi Sarah,

we (me 28 and Steve 31) are going to the inter nations meet up on Friday so it would be good to not be the only newbies! We have literally just arrived so keen to get out and meet people.

Otherwise I am always up for a coffee/beer/vino and chat!

Natalie :-)

Guest Ajwilko27

Hi Sarah, I found the same thing. Been here 3 years with my partner and found it so hard meeting people especially now I have two young Children! I'm in west croydon and if you ever fancy a coffee give me a text** PM for number** alex

Edited by Diane
phone number removed

Hi all

Just a reminder not to put personal phone numbers, facebook links or email addresses in the open forum. Several sections of the site can be viewed by non-members and this rule is for safety and security reasons. To contact someone via PM (Private Message) click with your mouse on their name at the left hand side of the screen - or it sometimes works if you just hover your mouse over the name - then select the Private Message option and share as much info as you want that way!

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Diane

hey ali, i live in north adelaide, glad to hear you settle in so quickly, would love to meet for a beer. wots a pm? not sure how to work this site yet! not good with technology.

thanx for your response

sarah x

Hey sarah, a PM is a private message. Sure, give me a call and we'll meet for a pint or two or three or...:wink: In the mean time look after yourself and if you make it to the Internations thing will meet ya there this Friday.:smile:

Ali

Hi all,

finally someone else thinks its all a bit "cliquey"....after 4 years too, i totally agree. Im in the eastern burbs, and dont know where the Richmond Hotel is, but i might pluck up the courage to attend......maybe i will ask the OH first tho!!!!!

seriously, i will only ask hime to go along with me; bear in mind we are a decade older than you lot, so be kind to the elders.

Cheers

Jane

Guest Richie_T

InterNations is honestly not cliquey at all. Ask Ali, he came on his 2nd day in Adelaide and im hoping he has a good report about it.

There are a couple of ppl going who are 2 decades older than me, and i know of some who have just graduated coming along too. The ranges of cultural background and age makes it a very diverse group!

Richmond Hotel is on Rundle Mall, right opposite the new K-Mart/ToysRus

Rich

:)

InterNations is honestly not cliquey at all. Ask Ali, he came on his 2nd day in Adelaide and im hoping he has a good report about it.

There are a couple of ppl going who are 2 decades older than me, and i know of some who have just graduated coming along too. The ranges of cultural background and age makes it a very diverse group!

Richmond Hotel is on Rundle Mall, right opposite the new K-Mart/ToysRus

Rich

:)

When's the next meeting?? I tried the link but couldn't seem to get anywhere without registering and I couldn't quite summon up the energy! Or I was doing it wrong...

Maeri-Anne

yeh go down scousemouse, im goin and dont know anyone, it will be fun hopfully!! lol.

see you there???

Hi all,

finally someone else thinks its all a bit "cliquey"....after 4 years too, i totally agree. Im in the eastern burbs, and dont know where the Richmond Hotel is, but i might pluck up the courage to attend......maybe i will ask the OH first tho!!!!!

seriously, i will only ask hime to go along with me; bear in mind we are a decade older than you lot, so be kind to the elders.

Cheers

Jane

Sarah it was great to meet with you last night. All the other folks that turned up, you clearly made the meet more enjoyable. Catch up with ya all soon.:smile:

Ali

OH I SEE..........preferential treatment for the pretty young one! Harumph.............

Seriously, it was a great night, so glad we went; hope this aged one didnt "cramp your stylees" too much, lol.

Thanks to Richie T and Meagan for organising it, well done guys.

Jane