want to meet friendly people

Guest hippie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twas great to meet u all, looking forward to the next one. just realised there was more pages and yous guys have wriiten more....

i really should learn how to use a computer properly. lol.

u didnt cramp our style toooo much scousemouse, but hey theres still time lol.

hope your all groooooovey

big hugs sez xx

OH I SEE..........preferential treatment for the pretty young one! Harumph.............

Seriously, it was a great night, so glad we went; hope this aged one didnt "cramp your stylees" too much, lol.

Thanks to Richie T and Meagan for organising it, well done guys.

Jane

Guest David O'Ryan

Sarah We have a fund raising party at Brighton Rugby Club on 23rd March . some of us been here 6 years some 6 months .. live band , dj , buffet . cheap drinks $10 a ticket PM mE AND I'LL GET HOWEVER MANY TICKETS YOU NEED TO YOUR DOOR

Edited by noworriesmate
removed FB link as per forum rules

Guest justinface

Hey, I'm not a pom but I found this thread googling the north adelaide dogpark. I'm at broadview dogpark from like 5 to 6 every afternoon with my puppy but I don't really know any of the regulars there. Feel free to say hello sometime if you can drive over or if the walk isn't too much for alfie.

Guest Richie_T

Hi,

Ive been off this forum for over a week as Ive had an operation literally after the long weekend. Was great of you guys to have turned up, and definitely made the night more exciting. We do this meet at least once a month, and cos the Friday thing worked out quite well, the next one will also be on a Friday.

Its easy to sign up and join the community. http://www.internations.org fill in a short form, what makes you an expat and easy to get accepted! Thanks to you guys from PIA who turned up for the first time, and hope to see you again soon. Im sure ive given you all my number, so if your looking for a night out in town give me a buzz.

=)

Guest Tony123

hi sarah,

i have just got here in november and am i exactly the same boat as you, am finding it extremely hard to meet new friends and about to give up hope ha ha. just joined this site today in the hope of finding some friends to have a good time with and chill out etc. am in the aldinga beach area so let me know if youre keen for a catch up, maybe get a few of us who are all in the same boat too, that would be good :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest hippie

hey justinface, u guna be down there today??

if not, pm me and we can arange a time to meet

Hey, I'm not a pom but I found this thread googling the north adelaide dogpark. I'm at broadview dogpark from like 5 to 6 every afternoon with my puppy but I don't really know any of the regulars there. Feel free to say hello sometime if you can drive over or if the walk isn't too much for alfie.

Guest hippie

wow u live out in woop woop!! miles away. wel tony im still finding it hard to meet people, so if u ever come to the city, iv moved out to Newton now, north east of the city. or i could come down to u, or meet halfway or sumit.

hope all is groovey x

hi sarah,

i have just got here in november and am i exactly the same boat as you, am finding it extremely hard to meet new friends and about to give up hope ha ha. just joined this site today in the hope of finding some friends to have a good time with and chill out etc. am in the aldinga beach area so let me know if youre keen for a catch up, maybe get a few of us who are all in the same boat too, that would be good :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I totally understand where you are coming from. We have been here over 9 years and found it extremely hard to make friends. This is the first time I have used sites to make friends. I have two girls aged 5 and 2 and live in Seaford rise. I would love to meet up with new people and other mums in the area.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest steveandfiona

Hi I have just arrived and my husband is at work during day. I am looking for a house, job etc but at a bit of a loose end most of the day so if anyone would like to meet up up a coffee or something it would be good. I live in Norwood at present. Fiona.

Hi I have just arrived and my husband is at work during day. I am looking for a house, job etc but at a bit of a loose end most of the day so if anyone would like to meet up up a coffee or something it would be good. I live in Norwood at present. Fiona.

I Fiona, showed this to my wife Linda last night, and she would be pleased to meet up with you for a coffee and give you some company, though we actually live in Brisbane I am down in Adelaide through work for a few more weeks yet. We are currently staying in Melbourne St, North Adelaide, with plenty of cafe's and shops on our doorstep also Oconnell street is nearby. Linda has no transport but does walk allover the place and in a limited way uses the bus, do you have transport?

We may not be quite in your age group but at least she will be of some company to you during your early days in Aus. You can respond to this thread or send a PM where further info can be discussed.

Regards Keith & Linda

Guest steveandfiona

Hi there, thanks for that, I am not sure how to send a PM. It would be great to meet up with Linda for a coffee. I do have transport so have no problem getting around -apart from getting lost that is! I noticed you were from Leeds, we lived in East Yorkshire for 15 years, then moved to NZ and are now here in Adelaide. Look forward to hearing from you. Fiona

I will send you a PM shortly, when you log on click on notifications and you can read/send pm's from there. Any problems then reply to this thread.

Hi there, thanks for that, I am not sure how to send a PM. It would be great to meet up with Linda for a coffee. I do have transport so have no problem getting around -apart from getting lost that is! I noticed you were from Leeds, we lived in East Yorkshire for 15 years, then moved to NZ and are now here in Adelaide. Look forward to hearing from you. Fiona

Fiona I have tried sending you a PM, but it does appear in my sent items, let me know on this thread if you have recieved messages ok, if not we will continue on this thread.

Regards Keith

I will send you a PM shortly, when you log on click on notifications and you can read/send pm's from there. Any problems then reply to this thread.

Guest klataylor

Hi Sarah, I am in Prospect so 5 mins on the bus to nth adelaide. Pm me and we can meet up. Moved here 27 April. No job yet. Our kitten is still in London awaiting uplift.

Ps If you want to un retire, we have just moved into a new home which needs painting. :)

Guest hippie

hey fiona, i live in the newton area, not to far from norwood, im free tmora arvo for a coffe if u fancy, let me know where bouts in norwood x

Guest hippie
Hi Sarah, I am in Prospect so 5 mins on the bus to nth adelaide. Pm me and we can meet up. Moved here 27 April. No job yet. Our kitten is still in London awaiting uplift.

Ps If you want to un retire, we have just moved into a new home which needs painting. :)

hey how u goin, congrats on the move, and good luck with the job.

im in the newton area if u fancy a coffe drop me a pm n will meet up. hope ur happy x.

Guest hippie
Hi Hippie, We have been here over 9 years and found it extremely hard to make friends. This is the first time I have used sites to make friends. I have two girls aged 5 and 2 and live in Seaford rise. I would love to meet up with new friends and other mums in the area.

hey leeds lass

wow 9 years, it hard a. im thinkin of packin up n heading to perth meself. think adelaides an awful place to make life long friends, coz they already have some theyre not intersested, shame, dont know what their missing!!!!

drop me a private msg n we could meet for coffe, not sure where seford rise is tho, sounds faraway, if so we could meet halfway. takecare x