Guest DWB

Not normally the nervous type!!

Guest DWB

Visa was lodged on Tuesday...should be processed in time for me to come over before February and now I'm getting nervous lol.

looking at north haven and ttg for a rental.

Cant wait biggest thing I've ever done and an ever likely to do.

had to share :D

Guest SJM

Hi! It is a huge step but a great one! This website and all the contributors are fantastic and will be a real help for you! Good luck with it all, I am sure it will be fantastic! Sarah-Jane

Guest TracyL

Hi

I'm new to this site but made the move to Australia 20 years ago. It is a big thing but we definately made the right decision. I've been browsing this site so I'm sure you will get plenty of help/advice. It looks like a great site.

Good luck and ENJOY

Tracy

Hi,I know TTG fairly well.Its a nice area!Its close to the foothills and Tea Tree Plaza shopping centre which has pretty much everything you need.You would also be close to St Agnes shopping centre which is also very good.Tea Tree Gully pub is really nice actually.(have a look at their website,just google it)It has a nice verandah out the front which is nice for a drink!You also have TTG swimming pool(where I spent most of my teenage years in summer!lol)I really like that area.Its not too far from the city and you can always get a bus on the Obahn into the city if you don't fancy driving.There's also Tafe (College) nearby,Social Security and so on.

Guest DWB

Thanks lily. I think we're settled on TTG now. I won't be buying a car right away when I arrive will be commuting on a road bike so ttg looks a better area for commute. Looks like there is more to do than there is in north haven up by the marina too. It's not all about the beach after all.

visas been held up a little though. My sides all done medical insurance paid for and everything. The employer had to sort out a revised employment contract for me so there been a hold up on the nomination side. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon though. Hope to fly out on Monday the 4th.