Guest guest8040

Gifts for friends

Guest guest8040

I'm lucky enough to have some fabulous friends here in the UK that I am going to miss so much when we make the move. I want to get them all something to remember our friendship by and keep when we go and to get everyone the same thing. However as we are haemorrhaging money at the moment I need something fairly inexpensive! My friend moved away many moons ago and bought us all a glass heart in a box with a nice little poem inside which I still have. Can anyone help with ideas? Ta!

When we moved my son's best friend made him a small scrap book with photos of them both and the UK in, and wrote various personal messages in it. It's a lovely personal reminder for him of some of the time they spent together.

Guest Itcheefeet

notonthehighstreet.com has some lovely ideas for friends, you could even copy (homemake) them and / or personalise them ! But they dont sell Walnockets !?

No idea what a walnocket is either - but one of our friends made collages of photos of us all at various places together, then had these laminated into table/place mats. We had them on the walls of the smallest room in the house for a while when we moved (we don't use them as place mats!) so the kids grew up remembering what friends looked like.

Alternatively lots of print shops do mugs which you can have a picture of your choice on - find a great shot of your family and make everyone a mug so every time they have a cuppa, they're effectively sharing it with you! http://www.mug-shop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=117&zenid=cbtlmsuqg7hj6a0ndo3dt3aof5

Edited by Diane

Guest guest8040

I'd thought about the photo thing but don't know that I'll have the time to sort the photos for everyone. Walnockets don't exist on google am assuming its predictive text gone mad - enlighten us!