Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charl.M

Worried about 14 year old son!

Guest Charl.M

we are moving to the Brighton/Glenelg area in August and im a little worried about my boy! he is 14 and quiet shy! It would be really nice for him to make friends before we leave but just getting him on here is proving to be a task at the min - but he hasnt had long to get used to the idea yet - one day hes really up for it the next he doesnt want to talk about it!!! I was thinking maybe if there are any links available for him to look at to make friends or any suggestions would be welcomed.

thanks charl x

Guest vikkiann

Hi, we live in aldinga. A bit of a trek from Brighton but just a thought .... Does he have Xbox? I'm sure my 14 year old son would talk to him on there

Vikki

xx

Guest adlyn2012

dont worry we will meet up with you before we go and my lewis can meet your lewis, mine is mental about football and one of the first things im going to do is get him a football team, a great place to make new friends, does he have a ps3 they could talk together on that before they meet.

Guest Charl.M

Hi vikkiann he doesn't have an Xbox unfortunately. But can I ask how old your son was when you moved and did he settle quite quickly?

Hi RUSS. Yeah lew has a ps3! They should link up before hand good idea!! My lew is more into basketball than football. But does like a kick about. Lol. X

Guest The Bells

Hello Charl

Im in the same boat ! My 10 yr old is not very happy about this adventure. He is a great mixer and I know once there and he starts school

he will be ok. We will hopefully go approx May its just a difficult subject. Whilst we have submitted visa application, until we get the green light everything is up in the air, which is stressfull enough as it is !!! He doesnt want to leave his friends here, which we totally understand but at 10 we know he has no idea of the bigger picture. Its good to know we are not alone in this.

Ema

Guest vikkiann

We moved over in June and Ben our son turned 14 in the July. He has adjusted so well and even says this life is better than being in England.