Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tysonian

Cost of container - London to Adelaide

Guest Tysonian

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are thinking of sending our household goods (no beds or other bulky items such as sofas) in a container with our car. Has anyone had any estimates so we can start thinking about feasability? Any companies people have had good experiences with? We are moving from London to Adelaide.

Generally a sole use 20ft container comes in around £4500 these days. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. Plus insurance, which most people usually take out separately and don't use the removal companies own one. Insure Your Move is one to check out for insurance.

Re the car, cost wise you should take a look at these threads from Iron Chef over on our sister site. It may be worth shipping the car.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97053-transporting-your-car-oz-everything-you-need-know.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/138727-worth-bringing-my-car-iron-ladys-trusty-new-calculator-reveals-all.html

FWIW there are a fair few main shipping companies. White and Co, Pickfords, Crown, John Mason, Doree Bonner, Anglo Pacific and others. Most have generally gotten decent reviews but there are a few people out there who have not had the greatest experience with them at some point. You can do research review wise easily enough.

You are best to get a few companies in at least to quote you. And then you can haggle a bit on price.