malkitek

Move from beach to hills?

Hi,

We have been in SA about 16 months and are now really keen to own our home again. We are currently renting in Port Noarlunga and have been looking in the coastal strip from Christies Beach to Maslin Beach, because we love the beach, particularly being able to walk from our house for a stroll, but when we go for the day we tend to take the car. We have found a house we like in Moana area but had a couple of reservations (neighbours with noisy pool pump, run down house needing quite a bit of work) so decided to have another weekend of looking at slightly different areas and we both absolutely fell for a house in the Onkaparinga Hills. It's in lovely street, cheaper than the Moana one and in better nick. It backs onto the Hills face zone and is soooo quiet. It's a ten minute drive to the beach but we just have a very small worry that we'll regret moving from the beach.

Has anyone ended up living in different areas than you thought you would and how did it go? Think we may be a bit daft in the head!

Thanks forany replies

gill x

Hi,

We have been in SA about 16 months and are now really keen to own our home again. We are currently renting in Port Noarlunga and have been looking in the coastal strip from Christies Beach to Maslin Beach, because we love the beach, particularly being able to walk from our house for a stroll, but when we go for the day we tend to take the car. We have found a house we like in Moana area but had a couple of reservations (neighbours with noisy pool pump, run down house needing quite a bit of work) so decided to have another weekend of looking at slightly different areas and we both absolutely fell for a house in the Onkaparinga Hills. It's in lovely street, cheaper than the Moana one and in better nick. It backs onto the Hills face zone and is soooo quiet. It's a ten minute drive to the beach but we just have a very small worry that we'll regret moving from the beach.

Has anyone ended up living in different areas than you thought you would and how did it go? Think we may be a bit daft in the head!

Thanks forany replies

gill x

For me it would be a no brainer, the better house would win - but everyone will have a slightly different set of priorities. I've always lived within 1/2 hour travel of a beach so living on the beach isn't on my list at all. I'm quite happy to drive there as and when I want. Only you can really answer what you see as the 'better' option but it sounds like the house in the hills is your chosen one - from the tone of your post anyway. Go with your gut feeling.

Love the Hills and would sacrifice the beach if the right house came along - you're still only 20 minutes away so .............................................

Thanks guys, it helps to be able to bounce it off different people as we don't have so many folk over here. We're going to have another look at the hills house tomorrow :)

Gill x

I love the hills for drives and there are some lovely parks etc and coffee shops but it does get a bit more frost than the other areas in the cooler weather. I had friends rent in Mt Barker and after a year decided to try somewhere else because of this. If you don't mind the frost and like a cosy fire then it is probably ideal.

If you get the right street over in the Onka hills then your wining lets face it it's not really in the hill, beach is still only 15mins away :-)