Holiday to Adelaide

Guest Hallfamily

Guest Hallfamily

Hi, we are thinking about going out to Adelaide for a holiday to see what we think of the place to migrate to, can anyone suggest when is the best and cheapest time to do this. Any advice would be great.

We are booked for late September, flights £800 with Singapore Airlines, very good price for recommended airline and includes all taxes etc. Regarding accommodation, a holiday rental will work best for you I'm sure as hotels can work out expensive. Timing wise, winter will be cheaper, summer very hot with spring and autumn providing nice balance.

Enjoy your planning.

S

Guest AngPhil

We did our reccie visit in April/May and it was lovely. Moved over in August, the weather was really cold and doesn't give you an indication of what it is really like here. We have totally fallen in love with Adelaide. I think the flights are cheaper if you avoid school holidays at both sides.

if you fancy travelling a bit, we can recommend the youth hostel at Port Elliott, it is fantastic, cheap and kid friendly.

Enjoy :)

Edited by AngPhil

Hi

Im not sure when the cheapest time is to fly - but I think if I was doing a reccie and spending the money coming over, then Id want a bit of a holiday out of it as well - so would choose the nicer months for weather.

Dec through to end of March are all great summer months ...although November and April can be nice also.

Personally Feb is my favourite month

Good luck with the reccie

Sarahx

Guest sedgecl

We first came over in October last year, the weather was really nice, though not warm enough for the sea..We then moved out in Aug and like AngPhil says, it was really cold, but well worth it:) Good luck..Sorry can't remember how much we paid..x

Guest Richie_T

If you want 'best' as in things to see and do, you cannot go wrong with coming for February and March time. I'm sure you will have heard of the Fringe and all that business going on around here. The weather is just right aswell, not stupidly hot and not stupidly cold either. You can go to the beach and not be (too) burnt, or explore the green surrounds and enjoy it rather than wrapping up warm.

Agree with above; if you come in August it will not feel like a holiday and there honestly isnt much to do as most places reduce their opening hours and operating times (dolphin watching etc. even the Botanic Gardens close earlier in winter)

I have a visitor coming the week before easter and the price was GBP840 return from Manchester with Qantas/BA via Singapore. If you book before February I think Emirates have special offers on, as their partnership with Qantas starts in April I think, and will fly Dubai to Adelaide direct.