Guest Claire-n-tel

AGHHH! ...Is it just me or......

Guest Claire-n-tel

:arghh:

Maybe i'm too sensitive but does anyone else find the bad english used in adverts REALLY annoying?!

just seen an ad for a well known bug killer which apparently works "two times as fast as other leading brands"

i find my self yelling "twice as fast....TWICE god damn it" at the tv! :realmad:

sorry just had to get that off my chest! :embarressed:

With you 100% - the ones that get me shouting at the radio are the ones that say "sale till stock lasts" arrrgggghhhh - it's either while stock lasts, or till/until stock runs out!

And I hate the pronunciation of 'enthusiasts' (as in 'Insurance for Motoring enthusiasts') - it should be enthusi - asts to rhyme with gassed!

Oh and I heard someone on a serious news programme (two m's not one btw) talking about "economers" the other day - economists for goodness sake, economists!

I notice it but doesn't really bother me. I know I can speak properly, and have other things to worry about tbh.

I hate the way the media say dates - "January three" instead of "January the third" or "the third of January".

I thought maybe this was Australians trying to sound like Americans, but watching Fox News (or some other US new station) on Foxtel, the announcer said "January the third".

Why do they say it like that I wonder? (they didn't when I lived here in the 90s).

Guest graandjac

bloody ell.......you need to chill........there are far bigger things to worry about.....!!!!!!!

Guest graandjac

there ok out at that depth......seen them much closer in face 20 feet from Sellicks beach right next to the ramp.....and the odd shark siren whilst on Patrol.....lol