Guest Richie_T

Rentals with Pets allowed

Guest Richie_T

Hi,

When my other half decides to move over, she wants to get a dog, so she doesnt get bored staying at home.

Im looking at rental properties online, but most of them do not allow Pets, be it an apartment, unit, or a house for a reasonable price. Has anyone managed to ask the agent/landlord and successfully changed their minds on this; how much extra did you have to pay? We are only looking at a small 2 bedder as its just us two here.

Cheers :wink:

Apartments & units are a bit tricky because they usually have strata rules that prevent pets being allowed. Some will allow small cats/dogs but you need to ask. Houses are usually more flexible. Even the ones that say no pets if you ask they may allow it if you agree to a higher bond in case of damage.

Hi,

When my other half decides to move over, she wants to get a dog, so she doesnt get bored staying at home.

Im looking at rental properties online, but most of them do not allow Pets, be it an apartment, unit, or a house for a reasonable price. Has anyone managed to ask the agent/landlord and successfully changed their minds on this; how much extra did you have to pay? We are only looking at a small 2 bedder as its just us two here.

Cheers :wink:

HI,

We have a dog and have rented 3 homes now without any issues at all - all 3 houses said no pets on the listing, but i rang, told them about the dog and how great he is and how responsible we are etc etc and the landlord's then say yes....so for us its never been a problem and....we also have 6 kids and thats never been a problem either :biglaugh: Good Luck