Sign in to follow this  
Guest JennyJay

I don,t know which visa to apply for

Guest JennyJay

Hi everyone,:confused:

Just wanted to know which visa to apply for, I have been offerd a job at RAH a sponsored visa, but have been told that it works out more exspensive and can take up to 2 years for it to come through once in Australia. Told that it would be better to apply straight for independant visa. Does anyone know anything about this any information greatly appreciated (is that spelt right) by the way I am a nurse.

Bye 4 now

Jenny

Guest Django

Hi Jenny,

If you can get a 175 or a 176 then that is the way to go. As a nurse you will have no probs getting either. A 175 is better as it allows you to move from job to job. Both are PR and so will entitle you to more.

Have a look at http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2748&highlight=nbsa&page=2

We are going down this route and are now just waiting for the visa.

Good luck

Pete

Guest The Pottertons

Hi there, Definitely is better to get a 175 if you qualify which you would. Its known as the gold visa, as it gives the best options to you. Youll be a permanent resident from day one able to move from state to state and job to job. You will also have the same rights as any other australian citizen from the moment you arrive. Hope this helps, im no expert really so talk in laymens terms!!!:) Yvonne x

Guest Trakki

I would defo go for the 175. I am a nurse too and although sponsership is ok, if you don't like the job you are stuck unless you find another sponser!

That's only my opinion but if you have any questions aske away, am just waiting for the visa now.

Guest JennyJay

Hi everyone,

thank you all so much for the advice,it looks like its the 175 then (fingers crossed). Hope you dont mind me asking a couple more questions. My 21 year old son lives at home is there anyway to get him on my visa or will he have to have is own (fully qualified chef).

last one I promise, agent or no agent, what do you think. Thanks again.:unsure:

Bye 4 now

Jenny

Guest Trakki

If you are a nurse I wouldn't bother with an agent as the skill assessment is straight forward, not like the TRA for other skills. We didn't use an agent an found it ok. see the link Django put on, this should help.