Ladies Netball - Southern Suburbs

Guest donna T

Guest donna T

A few people have talked recently about getting a ladies netball team together so Judi and I did a little research.

As we will (as far as I can gather) be a bunch of 30 - 40ish year old women who haven't played netball for about 20+ years I thought that the "Cove Lightnings" might be a little ambitious:biglaugh:

So... Noarlunga leisure centre will lend us a court to practice on, a few balls and someone to explain the rules for a half hour or so and then we can form a team:err:

What I need to know is who is really interested and what evenings you can make it - probably a 630pm start. The quietest evening for the lady to talk us through is a Thursday.

Then I thought that we could use a school grounds to practise on (before going to the pub) and definitely before competing against other teams.

To compete, we would just need to get a uniform (shorts or skirts and a tee shirt all the same colours, a name and $7.00 per player per week.

Let me know who might be up for this and we could maybe get a little social event happening and tone those thighs ready for next Summer:v_SPIN:

Guest Libby1971

As soon as I can see my waist without the aid of scaffolding or surgical instruments, I am there. For now, I may need to be a very loud supporter.

Let me know if you want your fan club to wave pom poms!!:err:

Libby :jiggy:

Guest donna T
As soon as I can see my waist without the aid of scaffolding or surgical instruments, I am there. For now, I may need to be a very loud supporter.

Let me know if you want your fan club to wave pom poms!!:err:

Libby :jiggy:

:biglaugh:

How about joining us anyway and come to the pub afterwards????

:v_SPIN:

Guest Leanne & Mark

Wow you brave things you!! Count me in wen i arrive. I think i remember the rules!! Played for the school ..(and no it wasnt that long ago!!!) SHH dont tell anyone but im a qualified community sports coach, albeit a rather rounded one!!:huh: and its been a while since i donned my trainers!!

netball and golf we will be fit and healthy:biglaugh: hmmmm...pub!

Guest Leanne & Mark

Er...... Landing foot wen catching ball stays on ground, dont go out of zone. ..get ball in net!! No scratching, punching, biting hitting, or kicking!! Darn it.;)

You'll probably find the rules on the net.

Guest happy-jools

It sounds like a hoot. I cant remember the rules at all, as it was primary school for me. But I would love to join in when I arrive at the end of june. Please make room for me.

Defo could do with something to get me fit. Im bloody huge with all this stress, I just find eating chocolate helps. Anyone else find this a problem during the visa process etc.:arghh:

Guest louiesmum

Hey when I get there I'll give it a go, I must own up though was never very good at sports, always last to be picked ahhh poor me, my mum used to say its 'cause they save the best 'till last!! I think she might have been fibbing, but hey!! I escpecially like the suggestion of the pub after though! Julia I also have been hitting choc/wine all the bad things during this whole process!!! Some people go off food etc when under stress.......................not me though, sadly!!!

Guest Trakki

You can defo count me in when/if we ever get there. I used to play (Goal shooter) for the county at senior school but that was a few years and 4 children ago!! :biglaugh:

Defo like the idea of the pub after. Can't wait, sounds like fun, just got to get there first!:skeptical:

Will keep reading on here so let us know how it goes and hopefully I can join later

Guest Leanne & Mark

i was Goal Attack!! hee hee that brings back memories.

and i was Left Half, for hockey! 3rd base in rounders team, 400m in athletics squad. left wing for football team, and a brown belt at judo. Yep i was super fit!!

now im super fat!! lol

Guest caoimhe

I would love to join when I finally get there, it would be good to get off my fat backside for a bit of exercise and I like the sound of the pub after.:biglaugh:

But I must admit it has been quite a few years since I played netball, more than I care to remember

Guest Guest1435

Hi there ,I would definetly be interested in joining other 30 year old plus ladies for netball. I do remember the rules , it was only about 8 years ago that I last played... I think my muscles may cope again! If not the pub sounds good to me too! Not sure I could make every week though as I will be working 12 hour shifts at Glenside hospital.....

See you soon

Guest donna T

Cone on ladies - so far we have 4 players, 3 drinkers and 3 who will join us once they arrive Oz side!

Just think about the pub afterwards or not having wobbly thighs next Summer - give it a go :v_SPIN:

Its a great idea Donna, I used to be WA I was never tall enough to be GS ....do you remember the bibs, is it all coming back !!

With my cinema job & the boys taekwondo I can't put my name down just yet, but I am sure you will get some more takers.

Good luck

Angela x

Guest Nick11
Cone on ladies - so far we have 4 players, 3 drinkers and 3 who will join us once they arrive Oz side!

Just think about the pub afterwards or not having wobbly thighs next Summer - give it a go :v_SPIN:

I'll play - but must insist on being goal keeper or I'll throw my dummy out of the pram!!

I was always goalie - less space to cover and easier to nudge them in ribs!!!!

Guest donna T
I'll play - but must insist on being goal keeper or I'll throw my dummy out of the pram!!

I was always goalie - less space to cover and easier to nudge them in ribs!!!!

GK is yours hun - now we have 5:v_SPIN:

Guest Libby1971

Both are scary thoughts, depending on your taste.

Personally, seeing as there are bound to be quite a few of the decade that taste forgot (if you believe the media, I thought it was pretty stunning myself), I suggest fuschia pink tshirts with turquoise skirts. Yum, or to be more sensible black skirts/ shorts/ cycling shorts.

I will of course tone with you until I can play. I could probably be a GK too as once in position I wouldn't move much!

Libby

Guest the thornes

I am only arriving on the 17th of May, but if you need another player I would love to join you. I am 27 and use to play at school, and have played a little social in the last five years, so could possibly help with the rules. I had been looking on line for a nteball club but they all looked a bit too professional for me.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: