G' Day! hoping to move to SA

Guest K&J

We are hoping to move to SA, or Perth but i think more realistically SA.

My husband has applied for a job, or otherwise we will be applying for a 190 / 189 visa.

The job he has applied for is near port pirie.

So i assume this is the close forum to that area! (im on poms in oz too)

anyway im excitied, we come from a rural background so i think we will be well suited the areas.

iam 28, and my hubby is 38. and wd love horse riding, dog walking, kayaking, hiking, body boarding, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy :) welcome! I think Port Pirie is about 6 or so hours away from Adelaide. But people commute to and from regularly. Good luck to your hubby in his application! You will probably love it here and in Port Pirie with your rural background :)

Hello and welcome to PIA :)

I don't recall it being so far from Adelaide. I'm sure you've had a good squizz on google maps and got the lay of the land. I am looking forward to some camping trips up that way and beyond once we are over there later this year. Hubby loves it up that way, he used to do lots of camping and stuff in the national parks up there *points to vast space of SA* :smile:

Rural Aus is different to rural UK but if you are already used to a small village or town its good. I lived rural here in the UK for many years and hubby moved over and his initial thoughts were 'rural' in Aus and UK was very different :cute: And they haven't changed a jot in the years since then :tongue: The distance between towns away from cities and the coast is the main thing that strikes me.

Good luck with the job application. I'm not sure we have anyone else on here currently who is in the town but I am sure you can make use of the forum for lots of things still and it'll be good for info on Adelaide. If you were to drive down for a weekend or day or some such or wanted to go to the monthly meet up for the day and meet others from PIA or a days shopping and all that.

Guest BrummieCris

Port Pirie is only about 2 to 2.5 hours from Adelaide city - i am Northern rural and go to pirie often, it takes me about 1.5 hrs from here. and i have taken the outlaw to the doctors in adelaide from pirie. There and back in a day and thats shopping time too!