Guest wilky

Help with visa !

Guest wilky

Hello to everyone on PIA we are just starting out on the whole process of migrating to SA. I have already been offered a job at Lyell Mcewin Hospital. But confused at which visa to apply for the agent said to go on Business class visa (long term) 457. Does anyone know if we have to pay for state schools on this visa? Any feedback would be appreicated. Tina and Martin:wubclub:

Guest alibongo

Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum. afraid I cant answer your questions on visa applications there seem to be so many! I had to leave it up to my agent to tell me which one to apply for. we are going out on my nursing skills on a 136 (think it is now 175) permanent visa. that way I get to choose where i work etc. not tied to any one job or hospital like the sponsored visas.

Hope it all goes OK for you ,

Good luck

Ali

Hello to everyone on PIA we are just starting out on the whole process of migrating to SA. I have already been offered a job at Lyell Mcewin Hospital. But confused at which visa to apply for the agent said to go on Business class visa (long term) 457. Does anyone know if we have to pay for state schools on this visa? Any feedback would be appreicated. Tina and Martin:wubclub:

Hi,

If you are a nurse - I would say that the 175 independant permanent visa is the one to go for. We were offered the Business 457 one from the hospital my OH will be working.

But because its only a temporary visa you dont get anything like as much as you do from the 175, because on the 175 you are entitled to Medicare etc, which for us with children is an essential thing. If you are applying for a visa in any case - it might as well be the one with the most going for it / you rather than a temporary measure, also with the 457 you would have to apply for another visa after the 3yr period that that particular one entitles you to.

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm for more info on the different visa options.

Look under the heading Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hazel.

Guest wilky

Hi to both of you who replied. Yes I have been looking round and I am going to apply for the 175 visa. I am just in the progress of sending my registation to the ANMC so fingers crossed. Thanks again for the advice. Tina :D

Guest alibongo

Hi

As i said before my agent chose how to go about my emigration but I have noticed since I have been on this site that other nurses have applied to NBSA to have their skills assessed and they say that is cheaper. You will of course have to do your own research as things change. I was too late as had my skills done by ANMC already and am now having to apply to NBSA to reister to work..

So just a though for you ..have a look at some of the timelines of other nurses on this site.

Ali

Guest Django

Hi Tina,

Welcome to PIA. I see you have some good advice already so I'll just say 'hi'.

Pete

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome! :cute:

seems like your first question has been answered - next one please :jiggy:

good luck!

Guest kerjam

I am sure that I read somewhere on PIA that we all have to pay for state education regardless of the visa type. I do know that Tasmania is the exception as they have free schooling (according to the very nice govt lady at Sunday's seminar).