Growler

Ingle farm area and mawson lakes....

Hi everyone,

We may now be moving up north rather than hallett cove when we come over in 4 months time. Really wanted to know what people thought of Ingle Farm as ive just been looking at property there (its cheap and i didnt know if there was a reason for this) and how far a commute to Mawson lakes where we shall be working...?

Hi we have lived in Mawson Lakes for 18mths I go shopping at Ingle farm . Have no idea what the area is like to live in.Mawson lakes is a nice area and great for transport to the city so you do not need to take the car in.

In my opionon Ingle Farm is not a good area, i dont like Mawson lakes either, concrete jungle. If you are headed for the Northern suburbs i dont think you can go wrong in Golden Grove, Greenwith or Wynn vale

Steve

Guest Guest5035

Ingle Farm is cheap for one reason, which i will not go into, Mawson Lakes is newish and still building, one side is apartments the other housing. Nice area lots of walking trails, upgrading the shopping centre from small to bigger, everything you need is there, good trains and buses to city.

Ingle Farm is the nearest mall (10mins) with Tea Tree Plaza about another 10 mins on and is alot bigger though. Golden Grove and Wynn Vale are 15 mins from ML, i know as i work alongside ML and i live in Wynn Vale, if i had the choice, i'd live where i am now.

Stevo

Hi Growler,

I know Ingle Farm fairly well as I went to a high school near there,and my mum lives in a couple of suburbs over from Ingle Farm.When you look at area's to live in,if they're cheaper,its usually with a good reason.I personally would'nt like to live there.I'm with the other posters.Much better/nicer area's to live in IMHO.My twin lives in Greenwith,and although I'm not a city slicker,it is a nice area with good schools,some nice local shopping centres and Tea Tree Plaza close by.Best bet is to have a drive around when you arrive and you'll get an idea of what we mean.

We live in Rostrevor and my OH used to work in Mawson Lakes. It took him about half an hour from here, less if the traffic was light and the traffic lights were on his side. If you check out where the two places are on google maps you will get an idea of where you could live within half an hours drive of Mawson Lakes. Other areas that we considered, that are relatively cheap and still nice, are Banksia Park, Tea Tree Gully, Althestone, Highbury, Fairview Park, Golden Grove - bascially the north eastern suburbs. We ruled some out on the basis of high schools and others because they were a bit far from my mother in law and the city, but they are all nice areas and a short commute from Mawson Lakes. If you fancy being near the beach then you could consider Semaphore or West Lakes. I don't know these areas as well but there are plenty of people on here that live in them.