Misplaced

Australia Day

And to you ....I know you are not here yet but you can have a Meat Pie or something...and turn on the heat so it feels warm. I am going to the French Patisserie shop nearby and have a Almond Croissant......some might say not patriotic.....but I don't eat Meat Pies and I love their croissants :wink:

Had a fantastic day. Garage sale this morning, Botanic gardens with SIL doing a family photoshoot for us this afternoon, followed by the usual barbie under the australia flag set up over the hills hoist for tea. And niece singing Advance Australia Fair all day because her kindy gave them all a CD with that and other songs on it. Best australia day ever I think. My PILs are what one might call quietly patriotic. :)

HAPPY AUSTRALIA day to every one.

We went to the parade and firworks up in the city and Elder park.VERY disappointed NOT to see any representation of the United Kingdom within the parade,Maybe next year!!Although every other country turned up!!!

Concert and fireworks were very spectacular and probably the best see yet and FREE!!!!

Guest Guest75

We went down to the Mt Compass Cup event.

Lovely local community event, with Cow racing ,blow the engine up -yep the start a car engine up with now oil or water and guess how long it will last - 4m 1s this year. No health and safety mind you!

Cow racing.

2013-01-26-936.jpg

Wood chopping comp.

2013-01-26-927.jpg

2013-01-26-942.jpg

SIL just emailed me a snap of DD2 in her Little Aussie nappy. Seriously, move to Australia. You can get Australia day nappies. :) All good fun. I asked her for a nappy so DD could wear it after her bath when we were getting them in PJs before going home. Saw my nephew's nappy and just needed one for mine. :)