Guest The travelling brummie's

Car HELP!

Guest The travelling brummie's

Hi everyone

I just wanted some advice on how people have gone about getting a car sorted....

Have been looking on Auto Trader etc and the cars in Aus are just so much more expensive!!! I was looking on getting myself a VW beetle but they are coming up $15k or more!!! We wont have the money straight away to even get a cheaper car and wondered if anyone has gone through the finance route or bank loan?

Just dont know how we are going to afford a car ever!! My OH will need to buy a van or hilux straight away for work purposes that leaves me with not alot of options for my car unless i borrow money from a bank or finance!!!!

Would love to hear suggestions .....

Hi there!

First off, no one uses Autotrader here. You need to go to carsales.com.au or gumtree.com.au

You will be able to pick up a reasonable old clunker for around $1500

Yes cars are more expensive here, but fuel is cheaper and without the yearly MOT running costs are generally lower.

If considering buying an expensive car, bear in mind lots of people drive round here with only the minimum legal insurance which only covers your medical bills if they run into you. If they write your car off and they've got no money, you won't get anything.

Good Luck!

Steve

Guest MandiMR2

Hey there, I've been looking like you ready for when we go later this year, we're now considering shipping our own instead, especially from what others have said about prices of cars & other posts similar to Steve's above!!! have you compared costs of replacing to shipping? that's gonna be my next step of research!!

Did you see the other thread where you can give details of the car/bike you are thinking of exporting and they will advise on whether they consider it to be worthwhile?

Guest Guest5035

If considering buying an expensive car, bear in mind lots of people drive round here with only the minimum legal insurance which only covers your medical bills if they run into you. If they write your car off and they've got no money, you won't get anything.

Good Luck!

Steve

if your car is fully comp your insurance WILL pay

stevo

Yes sorry my post was badly worded. It should have said you won't get anything off the other party. Presumably you would have to lose your no claims discount.