Guest laurajamie87

Electrician ...looking for work experience

Guest laurajamie87

We have just moved to Hallett Cove, I am in the process of changing over my UK qualifications, and am looking for some work experience over here. I am willing to work for a couple of weeks without pay, just to see how its done over here, so if any sparkys need any help for a couple of weeks let me know.

Cheers:smile:

Try and get in touch with the bacons on here hes a spark been here about a year and I think hes working for himself might be able to help you out.

Think you will find working on a trial without pay is illegal and should not be encouraged.

Its not a trial its work experiance he's looking for which a lot of people do it with out pay "Think school kids have to do it and they do not recive any payment

So why do they make school kids do it and if you do a Tafe course they also have to do it my son done it when he was at Tafe my wife had a 40 year old woman doing work experiance from Tafe and she had to do 240 hours of it.

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/resources/fact-sheets/employer-obligations/pages/internships-vocational-placements-and-unpaid-work.aspx

try checking this just so your covered..although you can there are strict guidelines as I was trying to bring to your attention.

i guess Ian can point you in the right direction when he has all the facts.

from my assumption you are not a young school leaver, maybe I got less information from your short post and others can clean your a school leaver!

As I said its not only school levers I would not class a 40 year old woman as a school lever. He is only trying to find out how things work here when you came over you had to go to the acadamy they did not just put you in a patrol car and let you go on your merry way. Hes only looking for experiance to find out what is to be expected of him.