Guest Denboy

Help needed, dont know were to start!!

Guest Denboy

Hi everyone,

Having looked through other posts everybody seems so helpful and friendly!!

So here goes with my questions, I have a wife 2 kids and the in laws retired to oz 7 years ago, we would really like to join them, been over 4 times and love it!! We have had an assessment and my current job is not on the skills list, I work offshore in the oil & gas sector in the north sea, I am deck crew, Banksman, slinger and training as a rigger, my wife has 1 year to go doing an occupational therapy degree, what i wondering was if there was anyway of me applying for jobs to gain sponsorship or is it impossible from the uk?? Just looking for the best option to come and give my family a great life in a great country!!

Thanks

Dennis:smile:

Guest weegie

Hi Denboy

Have you checked the Regional lists - I think they vary by state.

Try clicking through on the 'State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL)' link on this page: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

Sounds to me like you might be better looking at Perth/West Australia as that's where all the resources work seems to be.

We spoke to the West Australia immigration staff at an expo in Manchester last year. I've checked their website but I couldn't see any events for the year:

Try googling 'western australia migration' and see if you can get to the page for events at which West Australia will attend.

Guest Denboy

Hi weegie,

Thanks for your reply , ill have a look at them lists i would even consider mining i know its going to be tough just need a few companies to start sending my cv ?. I think if you really want it then you will get it , i have seen that expo company and i believe that they have a conference in manchester in march. My in laws live in queensland but there retirment visa doesnt give them any rights to sponsor etc. Im sure my job role in the uk there will be jobs in oz, so if any other members can help ? i would really appreciate.

Thanks Again

I'd have a chat with one of the agents, Go Matilda or similar. I think most of them will give you an initial free consultation and they can point you in the right direction and tell you what your options are. Good luck!