Guest MandiMR2

UK Tv's in Oz...

Guest MandiMR2

At the risk of this question been asked many times before...Will tv's purchased in the UK work ok in Oz? Am I right in presuming the regional code will need to be changed? Will the HD be altered?...I'm looking at shipping over a Samsung 55 inch LCD, 3D, 7000 series, any feedback appreciated, thanku.

Guest Ajwilko27

when we came over my brother in law told us not too bring tvs as they wont work. so dont know if its worth it :)

At the risk of this question been asked many times before...Will tv's purchased in the UK work ok in Oz? Am I right in presuming the regional code will need to be changed? Will the HD be altered?...I'm looking at shipping over a Samsung 55 inch LCD, 3D, 7000 series, any feedback appreciated, thanku.

Worse case scenario would be that you'd need to add a set top box to receive all the digital free-to-air channels over here (similar to a freeview box in the uk) You can pick up set top boxes from around $40 upwards, so no great expense. Using the set top box, takes the TV's in built tuner out of the equation, so no compatibility problems. As the TV's a good size and relativity new technology, there's no reason not to bring it.

jb-hifi do a HD STB for $39 - http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-plasma/media-players/set-top-box/

You may even be able to receive the digital free to air channels without a separate STB, but it's unlikely you'd be able to receive the Electronic Program Guide (EPG)

Guest Guest6899

We bought 5 digital TV's over and all work except for the digital, we have an Australian set top box + foxtel, but quality the same as UK.

We brought over two digital ones and they didn't pick up the signal. We were told that the region setting had to changed to Germany, tried that, didn't work...in the end bought a couple of set top boxes...

Just on the subject of TV's in general, if anyone's fetching an analog TV over, then they'll definitely need an STB as the analog TV signal is being switched off throughout most parts of Adelaide on the 02nd April of this year.

I brought our LG LCD screen - works fine as long as you get a set-top box - I got a $35 one from Harvey Norman's and its basic but works fine. Not that we use it much, TV is generally not one of the strong points here.

Guest AngPhil

Our Song TV from the UK gets all the Aussie digital channels. We bought set top boxes for the cheaper TV's we brought and they work fine too.

Guest Chris_J

Bought a set top box and also had to buy an aerial with a booster, this aerial in the house I'd next to nothing.

dont bother with DAB radios, they will not work as it is DAB+ here.