Guest sedgecl

Can anyone help me:)

Guest sedgecl

Hi All

Hope someone may be kind enough to help, or point me in the right direction.

My son has come home with a letter for the school trip, its a 3 day event at a farm...

I have no problem with this apart from the horse bit, We use to have a pony but I had to stop my son from riding as he had a horse allergy. :( This was about 4/5 years ago...I have not put him in contact with horses since.

I was wondering if anyone may have a horse that he could come and meet to see how he get’s on, silly you may think, but it has been known for children to grow out of allergies.

The farm that he is going to is not near a hospital so I really do not want to take the risk. I don't really want to risk it now, but knowing that I would be there and having he's meds I feel that it should be ok....As I am fully aware of how his reactions starts.

If anyone is able to help me could you please PM me.

Thanks for your time in reading this post.

Mrs M

Hi,if you don't get any offers,is it possible to take your son to a riding school?Bound to be one not too far away!(just googled them and there is one in Happy Valley)

Guest Guest75

If it's the 3 day stay I'm thinking of your little un' will have a whale of a time. Our daughter stayed there and still talks about it.

Good luck on the allergy thing,fingers crossed!!

If you inform the school of his allergy to horses they will be able to keep him away from them and also be prepared for any accidental contact. Schools are quite clued up on things like allergies and things. It would be a shame to stop your son going because you are worried about an allergy when strategies could be put in place to prevent a problem.