Wisette

CAD NX Unigraphics/Teamcenter Designer Jobs

Hi All,

I have been looking for a job on all the usual places Seek.au, Carrerone, Mycareer, Indeed & Linkedin but have not managed to find any CAD NX Unigraphics Designer Jobs. Plenty with AutoCAD but not a single one for NX. I have been looking for 6 months now and I am getting a bit concerned. There seems to be plenty in all the other major cities in Oz but not in Adelaide and we are going on a SA state visa.

I wondered if there was any other CAD Engineers out there that use the Siemens based software that might be able to point me in the right direction.

Is there any companies/agencies that anyone might be able to recommend for point of contact?

Yours Hopefully,

Best Regards,

Mark

AutoCAD, Revit and Microstation seem to be the preferred on Adelaide. It's a small place and those type of jobs are usually filled by people who know people here.

My company have taken on 3 people in the past 6 months, all positions were filled by one of us knowing someone. No positions advertised. That's quite often how it is here.

Hate it.

Hi Xzibit, thanks for your reply. You have just confirmed what I already suspected; I have contacted several companies with no results. I sent my CV off to various CAD companies found in the yellow pages but never received any replies. I thought at first this was due to the fact Im not yet in Adelaide, but unfortunately it isn't. I have got a NVQ qualification in AutoCAD 3D modelling, is that worth anything in Australia? I was wondering if you have any further advice for me perhaps? Thanks again for your help, Mark

Guest weegie

Hi Mark,

Have you phoned the companies a few days after you have emailed in your CV? I am finding that is the best way as you'll then be able to make personal contacts - it also seems to be expected to prove that you are actually interested rather than just scatter-gunning your CV into companies.

That's not to say I've actually been offered a job yet but I do have a few people to meet up with once I get to Daelaide in 2 weeks time.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks for the advice Tony,

Looks like I will be having a few late nights or early mornings then to make the calls required.:SLEEP:

Are you A CAD designer yourself and did you have any agencies worth trying. Any contacts whats so ever would be of great help.

Best Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Have you phoned the companies a few days after you have emailed in your CV? I am finding that is the best way as you'll then be able to make personal contacts - it also seems to be expected to prove that you are actually interested rather than just scatter-gunning your CV into companies.

That's not to say I've actually been offered a job yet but I do have a few people to meet up with once I get to Adelaide in 2 weeks time.

Cheers,

Tony

Guest weegie

Hi Mark,

Sorry for not replying sooner. The packers came this week and our house is now in a container somewhere between Glasgow and Adelaide. Probably one of the most stressful experiences I've been through in my life. Flying out on Thursday.

I'm not in CAD - web or IT work for me so sadly I don't have any useful contacts for you.

Actually, my best contacts so far have been through identifying companies in Adelaide that do what I do here, researching them via LinkedIn and their websites, then making direct contact. Often this is initially through a generic email address or website form but again, it's the follow-up calls that actually get the progress as I guess people get loads of speculative emails.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I have gone through and emailed all the CAD companies in and around Adelaide with little or no reply and I am now leaving for Adelaide in 3 weeks so will go and see them directly with CV in hand when I get there.

I hope that your move has worked out and that you have arrived safely in Adelaide. Also, that you found the job you wanted.

Keep me updated.

Best Regards,

Mark