Guest Mojoanna

Agencies?

Guest Mojoanna

Just wanted to know if any one has used agencies to get to Oz, if so what was the cost? And who would you recommend another question would be how long did the process take?

Hi Mojoanna,

The problem with your question is that every visa and application is different - therefore the cost, length of time to get etc is also different. There are a number of good agents who frequent both this and our parent site (pomsinoz.com) I used a company which I would highly recommend called Go Matilda, I suggest you call them or another agent who will be able to give you a far more accurate idea of the cost/time etc based on the information you give them. Many companies (including Go Matilda) offer an initial appraisal free of charge.

All the best

NWM

Guest MandiMR2

Hey there, I would strongly suggest if you can afford to use an agent then definitely do so! I was granted my PR 190 last Nov & was very appreciative of the help I received from the agent I used. The Dept. of Immigration are extremely strict with the application information & all supporting evidence/documentation submitted and should anything be incorrect or not the their complete satisfaction, the application is halted until they are suffice. This is generally avoided withthe use of an agent as they are very thorough in checking everything prior to submission or posting.

The whole process took exactly 9 months, from applying for my skills assessment to receiving notification that the visa had been granted. I would highly recommend Ian Harrop & Associates, they were fantastic in assisting me with my application, they were very approachable & helpful every step of the way. Ian used to work for the dept of immigration in Australia& for Australia House in London, extremely reputable. Their fees were a total of £1,500 (minus VAT) paid in 3equal installments along the application process. Hope this is useful.

Good luck,

Edited by MandiMR2

Guest Guest11535

Each to their own, we are using Go Matilda and they are very good. We shopped around for an agent and Go Matilda ticked all the boxes as ours isn't a straight forward case. We knew exactly what we were getting for our money and there have been no hidden costs. The Team in Southampton have been very good at every step of the way and would recommend them any time.

best regards.

Gary.