Guest Claire-n-tel

My Mum is coming!! Yippie!

Guest Claire-n-tel

My Mum booked her fights to come visit us, she arrives in 9 weeks!

She came over almost 3 years ago after i had an accident but i dont remember her being here so this will be her 'first' visit! I am sooooo excited!:biglaugh:

Now onto planning what we are going to do!!

Guest ebstar

My parents are over in eight weeks too. They loved the zoo and victor harbour so maybe give those a try. Hope you have lots of fun together.x

Hi Claire,

My parents arrive on 1st March and I am so excited! Going to take them to Cleland Wildlife Park and Victor Harbour etc and booked a road trip to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road to finish up with the grand prix! I can't wait so know exactly how you must feel too -enjoy!!!

hi my kids and girlfriends/boyfriends (they are 21) are coming over end of may and fancy doing the Great Ocean Road trip can I ask what you've organised for it, have you booked a car and places to stay or how are you doing it), this is all very new to me and want them to have a great time, thanks Debbie x

Here are a few more ideas

http://youtu.be/0hatPVDCM8s

My son did a 3 day minibus trip including the Ocean Road with the 'Groovy Grape' company - a bit basic but fun! (included a day in the Grampians too) You can combine it with an overnight or couple of days in Melbourne and catch a cheap flight (or the train) back. Great idea if you don't fancy a long drive!

hi my kids and girlfriends/boyfriends (they are 21) are coming over end of may and fancy doing the Great Ocean Road trip can I ask what you've organised for it, have you booked a car and places to stay or how are you doing it), this is all very new to me and want them to have a great time, thanks Debbie x

Hi Debbie,

You must be looking forward to seeing your kids and imagine they are pretty excited too!

I have arranged our trip myself as we lived in Melbourne prior to Adelaide so know bits of the GOR quite well. We are also going to get the ferry across the mouth of Port Phillip Bay and finish up on the Mornington Peninsula. I put together an itinerary for my mum and dad with some links to some touristy stuff and accommodation we're going to. Would be happy to send it on if it might help? We are driving over in our car to save on hire car costs and then my parents are flying out of Melbourne and we are driving back the inland route which takes about 8 hours. It is possible to get one way hire though and just fly back. They could always get a camper van as heaps of camp grounds along the way. Most of them have nice cheap cabins too which are great for a cheap, basic place to sleep and somewhere to cook up some breakfast! There's also heaps of B&B's and apartments and prices seem to vary so it's good to look around in my experience. Lorne is a cool little town which will be good for youngsters as well as Torquay, they have a few bars and restaurants etc. Apollo Bay is a beautiful spot too. The road down to Cape Otway lighthouse is absolutely riddled with koalas really close to the road and well worth a drive.

If they did decide to drive back to Adelaide I would recommend a stop off in The Grampians, beautiful area but might not be massively exciting for 21 year olds I suppose. There's kangaroos everywhere and a really cool little zoo where we hand fed meerkats.

I am waffling on now.....

Drop me a PM if you would like any more info!!!

Emma

Thank you Emma that's some great information, what i'm going to do is save all this information and when they get here we'll go through it all and sort everything out, so if its ok I may get back to you then, (I know that if I sort anything out it will be wrong lol) x Thanks again xx