Diane

Yayy! About time too....

Guest guest8040

Oh my oh my you have no idea how happy this makes me! However avoid the frozen lasagneigh......

Other chains have tried in the past, but whenever land comes up zoned for this type of development Coles and Woolies have jumped the gun, freezing out competitors. For a while we had Franklins selling their no frills items back in the 80s/90s, lasted a few years. I've only been into one Aldi in melbourne and the range for sale wasn't very invigorating , wasn't impressed, maybe it was a small one. Also Aldi does not really support Australian priducers from what I saw anyways.

Am I missing something? The only Aldi I ever went into (In UK) was dire and full of what we call here Bogans? Me and my wife left without buying anything.

Have they changed?

hurrah, a victory for the consumer...............now bring in COSTCO!!!! That'll have the duopoly running for the discounts!

On Sunrise today they said us Aussie(sic) consumers are being charged upto 177% more for particular items..........but then i dont buy Jack Daniels, so no worries.

Hurrah! Aldi are coming to SA (well, eventually - sometime in the next decade at least)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/sa-business-journal/discount-supermarket-chain-aldi-to-open-40-stores-across-south-australia/story-e6fredel-1226576224850

Can't wait to pick up a cheap angle-grinder at the same time as my groceries!

I've been to Aldi's new offices today in Kent Town.......

Guest Flo

Costco is useful if you buy large quantities, if you want the basics (and in manageable package size) Aldi is unbeatable

(never used ALDI UK, but Aldi Germany definitely rocks....)

ALDI is opening within the next few months on the site of Sams Warehouse in Woodcroft shops. Sams arehouse is shutting down at the beginning of May and is currently selling everything off cheap apparently. I've no idea what an ALDI is like, having lived here for 23 years, but I hope it doesn't knock our lovely Foodland's business off.

Wow fab news Aldi is great for mid week shop especially fruit and veg and in the UK sells good wine, not sure they will be able to do that in SA, and brilliant timings for us too!!!!

This is a bit of hearsay and over excitement I'm afraid. There is no distribution centre in SA at the moment, which would cause logistical issues to supply stores without one.

Hurrah! Aldi are coming to SA (well, eventually - sometime in the next decade at least)

Can't wait to pick up a cheap angle-grinder at the same time as my groceries!

You can probably do that in the post office, have recently seen sewing machines whilst in the queue for stamps

As I knew it from Europe Aldi is great and has also Australian wines in its European branches, not only 'full of bogans', even millionaires shop there. What adelaidenow stated is not only completely wrong it's very judgemental. Aldi is in Germany, Austria, Denmark etc.

In Sydney and Melbourne prices have dropped significantly since Aldi joined the supermarket chains, about 5 % and more coles and woolworths went down wherever Aldi is close by.

I'm looking forward to more competition as the big chains here are very boring and I really miss the variety of supermarkets we had in Europe!

Am I missing something? The only Aldi I ever went into (In UK) was dire and full of what we call here Bogans? Me and my wife left without buying anything.

Have they changed?

Must admit it took me a while to try one but I am a convert. They do vary though the one near us was a really good one.

Brilliant deli stuff ang great specials.

Even my snobby foodie friends were converted. And they usually shop at waitrose!

will deffo be checking them out here.

Other chains have tried in the past, but whenever land comes up zoned for this type of development Coles and Woolies have jumped the gun, freezing out competitors. For a while we had Franklins selling their no frills items back in the 80s/90s, lasted a few years. I've only been into one Aldi in melbourne and the range for sale wasn't very invigorating , wasn't impressed, maybe it was a small one. Also Aldi does not really support Australian priducers from what I saw anyways.

Yes hugely. They have re-invented themselves and had a 35% market growth there last year.

I've forgotten to mention that in my opinion Foodland is the best Australian supermarket chain, they have more choices and much more European stuff than Coles and Woolies.

Australian retail doesn't like competition though it would bring many new jobs and lower prices for consumers.