18year old looking for work during gap year

Ed13

My son has just finished year 12 and wants to study medicine at uni, but we are on 457 visa (PR submitted). As an international student this would cost around $35k per year which we cannot afford.

My son is quite happy to take a gap year and apply for a uni place as soon as PR is granted, but is looking for work to fund his partying!!!

He has worked at Hungry Jacks for over a year, but being 18 and on a higher hourly rate has found he now gets less and less shifts than the cheaper 15, 16 year olds.

any suggestions or potential leads would be appreciated

thanks

Ed

My son has just finished year 12 and wants to study medicine at uni, but we are on 457 visa (PR submitted). As an international student this would cost around $35k per year which we cannot afford.

My son is quite happy to take a gap year and apply for a uni place as soon as PR is granted, but is looking for work to fund his partying!!!

He has worked at Hungry Jacks for over a year, but being 18 and on a higher hourly rate has found he now gets less and less shifts than the cheaper 15, 16 year olds.

any suggestions or potential leads would be appreciated

thanks

Ed

Please be careful when we went from 457 to pr we had to make sure that our 18 year old was in education and dependant on us until after visa grant.Things might have changed but please be careful.

Please be careful when we went from 457 to pr we had to make sure that our 18 year old was in education and dependant on us until after visa grant.Things might have changed but please be careful.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think that has changed, he will be doing a couple of courses to keep him in line for the visa.

Not sure if it's the sort of thing that you would be looking for, but I worked for an amazing company called Outback Loop while I was in South Australia. They own two pubs, one of which is in Innamincka...outback, to say the least! They usually hire staff for 3 months, but you are more than welcome to stay for longer...we stayed for six months. It's a pub/restaurant/hotel, and you do a bit of everything...the brilliant thing is that everything is included (food and accommodation) so you really do get the chance to save lots! It's their busy season just coming up..May to September, so excellent timing if it's suitable!

theoutback.com.au