Guest guest8040

Solid oak table and six chairs - replacement price

Guest guest8040

Our house is Ikea all the way which has made shipping insurance a doddle to calculate, apart from our expensive large solid oak table with 6 chairs. I know it's UK value but can anyone give me pointers of where to look to replace it in Aus should something happen in transit. Ta!

Depends on the style of the table. There is a place called Nordic Designs on Magil Road that probably sells something like it but they don't have prices on their website. You could try giving them a call for an indication of pricing. Can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head but we haven't bought any furniture here yet so the names of the shops haven't really sunk in.

Can you just convert the price you paid in the UK to dollars and then add (or deduct) the average percentage you consider furniture items to be in Oz?

Does that make sense......scratches head...........

Guest guest8040

Good idea I just have no idea what the % would be! Also really surprised comparing all the Ikea stuff, glad I checked and didn't just convert the UK prices. Paid £29 for a wooden storage chest here - its $169 in Aus!

Your house sounds like ours - IKEA'd to the roof but we too have an oak dining table and chairs. For insurance to ship we just took the price we'd paid in the UK and doubled it to make Aus dollars - it was one of only two items that we had to list separately as valuable!

Guest guest8040
    Your house sounds like ours - IKEA'd to the roof but we too have an oak dining table and chairs. For insurance to ship we just took the price we'd paid in the UK and doubled it to make Aus dollars - it was one of only two items that we had to list separately as valuable!

Think ours is one of one expensive item :) Sounds like a good idea doubling the cost.....watch it be the only blooming thing that gets damaged!