Jessica Berry

Clamp down on 457 visas announced

Not sure how many of you come in on a 457 visa, but this article was in today's paper (23/2/13).

I used to work at a company that abused the 457 visas, not to get low paid workers in, but to employ certain people. They specifically used to write the job advert for the skills of the person they wanted to bring in and made it very specific and then would say to the Australian Government, hey look we advertised but we could not get anyone, I am sure they are not the only ones doing it!!!!

457.jpeg

Guest Xhako

Thanks for this, we are currently applying for a 457 but OH is very highly qualified/skilled and has a reputable sponsor, we submitted last Saturday and they are already processing us, just need to give them one more piece of paper - Fingers Crossed! Don't be too downheartened folks, I think this is just to stop people abusing the system.

Guest Ann

will this be a problem for medical doctors and their families tooo....?job offered feb 2013,waiting go apply 457 hoping to be in Adelaide in june 2013.is this going to b hard to get grants.what about applyingfor PR after this is this going tobe hard too

:unsure:

Ann