British Couple to be Deported from Australia

Ktee

Guest LittleMissWildChild

Sorry, I have very little sympathy for them. Regardless of whether they only live a couple of miles from where they should live, at the end of the day they breached the terms of their visa. If DIAC let every Tom Dick and Harry breach their visa terms, there is no point having the visa at all. And if they let this couple off as a one off, then what is to stop the next person who ignores their visa restrictions from appealing for the same reasons, saying this couple were let off, so why not themselves?

I am sure 99% of us on here all know the restrictions of our/our partners visas and stay within them. Why should this couple get away with breaking theirs when a lot of people try very hard to stay within the terms of their own.

And bergkamp10 - your comment WAS racist. What makes Brits have any more right to legitimate Centrelink payments than Africans, Asians or whomever? I am a born and bred Australian (hubby is on a 309), and I see you both as immigrants to my country, and you're no more special than any other immigrant from any other country just because you're British. If DIAC have decided that an immigrant, regardless of where they are from, have met whatever requirements they have to be granted with a visa that gives them the right to claim benefits of any type, then I don't have a problem with it, and if you're an immigrant yourself, or want to be, then neither should you.

Sorry, I have very little sympathy for them. Regardless of whether they only live a couple of miles from where they should live, at the end of the day they breached the terms of their visa. If DIAC let every Tom Dick and Harry breach their visa terms, there is no point having the visa at all. And if they let this couple off as a one off, then what is to stop the next person who ignores their visa restrictions from appealing for the same reasons, saying this couple were let off, so why not themselves?

I am sure 99% of us on here all know the restrictions of our/our partners visas and stay within them. Why should this couple get away with breaking theirs when a lot of people try very hard to stay within the terms of their own.

And bergkamp10 - your comment WAS racist. What makes Brits have any more right to legitimate Centrelink payments than Africans, Asians or whomever? I am a born and bred Australian (hubby is on a 309), and I see you both as immigrants to my country, and you're no more special than any other immigrant from any other country just because you're British. If DIAC have decided that an immigrant, regardless of where they are from, have met whatever requirements they have to be granted with a visa that gives them the right to claim benefits of any type, then I don't have a problem with it, and if you're an immigrant yourself, or want to be, then neither should you.

I applaud you LittleMissWildChild! :notworthy: