jim and adel

IT recruiter

Somebody I know is a well regarded IT recruiter and she's just put this on LinkedIn: 

"I have had quite a few depressing conversations with good IT candidates from overseas and interstate recently who can't find work in Adelaide. If YOU are thinking of moving here feel free to contact me before doing so to ascertain your realistic chances of finding work here."

Obviously I won't make her contact details public but if anyone's looking to make the move and is in IT, drop me a PM and I'll send you her email and phone details. Hopefully it will help someone!

Jim

Edited by jim and adel

Guest girivc

Somebody I know is a well regarded IT recruiter and she's just put this on LinkedIn: 

"I have had quite a few depressing conversations with good IT candidates from overseas and interstate recently who can't find work in Adelaide. If YOU are thinking of moving here feel free to contact me before doing so to ascertain your realistic chances of finding work here."

Obviously I won't make her contact details public but if anyone's looking to make the move and is in IT, drop me a PM and I'll send you her email and phone details. Hopefully it will help someone!

Jim

Hi Jim, let me know her contact details to girivc at gmail dot com

Hi Jim, let me know her contact details to girivc at gmail dot com

Is this a joke, especially as it is the first post and relates to someone that you would assume works in IT???

If not can I offer some advice, the ability to follow instructions is so important in the job process. Employers are deliberately creating instructions for people to follow as part of their recruitment process as a test to see if people can follow instructions (and to knock people out as they are being inundated with job applications)! I know of someone who went to an interview recently and the employer had done just this and they said 90% of the people had not followed the instructions and were knocked out of the process straight away.

Edited by Jessica Berry

Guys, I've just checked the email address associated with my membership on here and there are a few emails there from people about this - I don't use that email address often hence me not responding before now. It shouldn't be beyond the wit of someone looking for a job in IT to manage to send a private message on here, but if I didn't make that bit clear and if anyone else is interested in the recruiter's details, please click on my name on the left of this message and choose the 'private message' option.

Thanks!

Is this a joke, especially as it is the first post and relates to someone that you would assume works in IT???

If not can I offer some advice, the ability to follow instructions is so important in the job process. Employers are deliberately creating instructions for people to follow as part of their recruitment process as a test to see if people can follow instructions (and to knock people out as they are being inundated with job applications)! I know of someone who went to an interview recently and the employer had done just this and they said 90% of the people had not followed the instructions and were knocked out of the process straight away.

I think the issue with first time posters (or those with low numbers of posts) is that they are not able to PM - I am sure a mod will be able to confirm that. Also in relation to the "girivc at gmail dot com" people often do that to avoid being picked up as having put in their email address because it looks like normal text then.

Guest bitman

what a joke, looking for a IT job but don't even know how to send a PM on a forum, well done :SLEEP:

also your first bet will be linkedin and use the search option as that is one of the places where you do get your connections / contacts / jobs...

and a smart bot will find an email address from; someone at gmail dot com