state nomination

Guest k.minsh

Guest k.minsh

Hi can anyone help?

I am about to apply for stste nomination and am just updating my c.v to send.Do i need to send a cover letter with it,even though i`m not applying for a specific job!!If so who do i aim my letter at???South Australia

Guest k.minsh
Generally cover letter is not required. CV's enough, if they do require they'd ask.

Just curious - you already filled in EOI, right?

Hi there

no i havn`t as yet wanted to get everything ready so that when i do my EOI i can do my application for state nomination at the same time.I`m not sure how easy/difficult the process is.I take it you`ve done it...?

Hi there

no i havn`t as yet wanted to get everything ready so that when i do my EOI i can do my application for state nomination at the same time.I`m not sure how easy/difficult the process is.I take it you`ve done it...?

Yes, I went through 189 though.

Edited by Ktee
Forum rules

Guest k.minsh
Yes, I went through 189 though.

.Do you have to prove that you`ve done research ie:send school enquiries/property searh info etc. when you complete your state nomination application,as i havn`t got anything?

Guest superm
Do you have to prove that you`ve done research ie:send school enquiries/property searh info etc. when you complete your state nomination application,as i havn`t got anything?

If you are saying that the research of the place you would be migrating to - then no, nothing of that sort is required. IF you meant to ask something different, please elaborate.

Guest MandiMR2

Hi there k.minsh, no cover letter is required with the CV. Research however is required as part of the state sponsorship application, you have to outline your reasons for choosing SA, which involves supporting your answers with research based knowledge of the area, but you don't have to send evidence of your research findings. This is mainly to prove that you're not just picking SA out of a hat & that you have seriously looked into the benefits of moving there. Hope this helps, Mandi

Guest k.minsh

Sorry for not being too clear,I`ve been told of my agent i need to get evidence of job offers/property searches/school searches to show i have researched S.A when applying for state sponsorship???I`m not sure how true this is?

Guest k.minsh
Hi there k.minsh, no cover letter is required with the CV. Research however is required as part of the state sponsorship application, you have to outline your reasons for choosing SA, which involves supporting your answers with research based knowledge of the area, but you don't have to send evidence of your research findings. This is mainly to prove that you're not just picking SA out of a hat & that you have seriously looked into the benefits of moving there. Hope this helps, Mandi

Hi Mandi

How long does your supporting answer have to be?are we talking pages and pages?do you include things like climate , great outdoor living/parks/ arts events etc. and name drop a few places?

Guest MandiMR2

Hi there, no not huge amounts, the max was 200 words per reason & yes name drop as many places & events, to show you've researched the area.