tomamylancaster

Anybody just getting started with their Visa Application?

We are literally right at the beginning (currently filling in the forms & paying our first instalment to Go Matilda) & wondered if anybody else was way back behind everyone else & fancied keeping in touch?

My hubbie is going to meet an immigration agent on Fri and we will know more then on whether we will be joining you in filling out the forms ...........

We are a bit older I am 40 hubbie is 43 and we have 4 kiddies 10, 4 and 2 year old girls and an 8 year old boy.

I would love to be in Adelaide in the very near future - it is a beautiful friendly place.

Hopefully we will be joining you soon what visa are you applying for?

Sally x

We are in Ireland and there is an expo in Dublin this weekend

Sandy Coates is over for this so met with my husband yesterday. She said we should apply for the 189 or 190. They can take up to 12 months depending on what way the skills requirements are at the moment.

We went to Adelaide in December for 5 weeks - my husband has an aunt and uncle living in Adelaide and 3 out of 4 cousins living there. We all loved it and the fact that you wake up every morning in the summer knowing you will have good weather that day is such a bonus.

We were there for days of over 40 degrees and it is so different to the heat in Ireland and we were all able for it, The only thing I would need to get used to is putting the kids into thier car seats and the heat of the buckles.......... Also the baby likes going around barefoot and walked on the concrete out the back and screamed and it took me a few seconds to understand why she was crying. ;-(

The fact that you can plan to go to the beach or picnic and not have to cheack the weather 1st was so great......... our children will have to learn to keep hats on and suncream themselves as this is the norm.

I found food expensive but that was because we were converting to euros all the time but I am sure once you are earning Ozzie dollars that you will soon stop that.

We went to the outdoor cinema and it was such a great experience - we never saw gangs of teenagers or other gangs .......... even tho it was their summer holidays, it is very clean and I felt safe too.

Our own children loved it except for the baby as the mozzies seemed to love her no matter how strong or how much repellent we put on her - her Dad was the same

I really feel that our children would benefit from growing up here and would have a lot more opportunities than they would here.

Sally

Guest Guest11535

Hi tomamylancaster, we to are using GoMatilda and we have found them very good from start to Finnish Marina and Wendy are brilliant at what they do. It seems daunting and a long process but enjoy the roller coaster. You will have ups and downs and Alan and his staff are there to help. Good luck, enjoy the ride and feel free to PM me and if I can help I will, but you won't have to cos you are in good hands with GM. You are still more than welcome to come to the meet tomorrow.

best regards

Gary.

Guest Jon&Linds

Hi there,

We are a little further on than yourselves. Vetassess is going through and IELT this Saturday. Hopefully have the visas by August. Are you in Lancaster or is that your surname? We are in Blackpool so maybe not far away. Have a look at my introduction post for more info on us.

Jonathan.

Hi there,

We are a little further on than yourselves. Vetassess is going through and IELT this Saturday. Hopefully have the visas by August. Are you in Lancaster or is that your surname? We are in Blackpool so maybe not far away. Have a look at my introduction post for more info on us.

Jonathan.

Lancaster's the surname =) Have just replied to you on your post.

What is it you do for a living?

Guest Jon&Linds
    Lancaster's the surname =) Have just replied to you on your post.

What is it you do for a living?

I am a Sports Therapist but qualify through my Remedial Massage qualifications. Hopefully all the sporty people in Oz will need my assistance! I have my own Injury Clinic in Blackpool.